An evergreen content is a content that stays applicable for a very long time, i.e. it never gets outdated. It remains as fresh as it was before 5 to 10 years. For example, “how to make use of internet for marketing”. This topic is very trendy now-a-days. But the topic will hold the same power even after 10 years.
Every blogger desperately requires to write evergreen content, as it keeps bringing in viewers continuously. It’s a one-time hard work to create best evergreen post. But once, you’ve created it, your visitors continuously keeps coming to your blog via that content.
Many bloggers think that every piece of content that they post is evergreen. To clarify what kind of writing is considered evergreen, let’s see what types of pieces are not evergreen.
- News articles.
- Statistics or numerical reports that are likely to change.
- Pieces about a specific holiday or season.
- Blog articles centered on a current trend or pop trend.
- Clothing and fashion trends.
Such types of pieces are not evergreen content.
Evergreen web content will always retain its value over the long term. Anything or any event that is related to a specific date is not evergreen. U.S presidential elections 2012 are not an evergreen content. Why?
Six months from now, who would be searching for U.S presidential elections 2012? I guess no body. The keywords will remain buried in search engines’ basement which is never to be searched again.
Below are some common formats to write evergreen content.
- Exclusive Tips.
- “How to“ Tutorials.
- Product Reviews
- Instructional E-books.
There are many content types which can be referred to as evergreen. So now the question arises, how to write evergreen content?
Do not include any time related event in your content. Is this what you thought just now? Well, this is only a piece of the puzzle. Let’s elaborate this piece and some other pieces to see the big picture.
The best evergreen post are the ones that can be read anytime and still which gives the same amount of relevant information. To do this, imagine you are reading your post a year or two in the past and a year in the future. Now answer, does your post still makes sense? Can it be understood outside of context of current events? Do not include time-related event in your writing piece. Even if you do, include exact statements of time such as “The event took place in 2012”, or “2012 current stats are….”. If you really want to be specific, include the day as well as month. By doing this, you are not giving any kind of wrong information to your visitors and you don’t have to worry about updating the content on a regular basis.
“How to” tutorials are extremely popular in the evergreen arena. Write about how to do something that people always need to do and you will always get visitors to your blog. The durability of such instructional writing is very high. For example, consider this post on how to write evergreen content is itself an evergreen post. People will always search for this topic and the information will always remain the same.
Instead of just “how to” articles, you can also create “how to” videos that lasts for a very long time. You can even create podcasts, infographics etc. Such kinds of materials are also a great source of everlasting recurring traffic.
Creating excellent time-irrelevant pieces of information is the key to produce best evergreen post. Visitors will keep coming back for that content. Hence, create a vision for what type of evergreen content you can produce. Once your blog starts developing, sit down and start creating evergreen pieces of content that will help your readers.
What recent evergreen content did you produce recently? Do you have some new tactics to write evergreen content? Leave it in your comments section to enhance our readers’ experience.
If you are looking for a step by step process to start your own blogging, you can visit our Beginners-guide-to-blogging to reach near targeted visitors. Please feel free to leave any comment you have in your mind.
You may also like:
- A Detailed Step by Step Guide To Create & Maintain Your Daily Blogging Schedule
- Importance Of AdSense Content And Tips On How To Write It
- All About Content Aggregation Tools And Its Blogging Utilization
- How To Write Headlines That Make Your Audience Go Gaga Over Your Content
- Create Content Easily With These 11 Out Of The Box Content Ideas
- Six Deadly Blog Editing Tips To Develop Your Blogging Skills
- How Much Should I Write For My Readers – 5 Tips To Find Out The Optimum Length Of Content
- Corporate Blogging Schedule – How To Hire Staff For Your Blog In 5 Simple Ways
- Opportunities in Blogging – A Detailed Guide On How To Make Money With Blog
- Give Your Content Audience What They Want – Tips To Write For Them
- Manage Your Brand Building By Blogging To Add More Content Value
- Hold Pen And Paper Now! To Learn How To Write A Content
- Steal Your Readers With These 15 Quick and Effective Content Writing Tips
- Make Useful And Unique Content – Air And Water Of a Web Content Atmosphere
- How To Find Blogging Niche To Get Started With Your Blogging Career