Before getting into the topic, let’s first get into the question “What exactly is Google Analytics“?
The Definition Of “Google Analytics”:
Google Analytics is a free Web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization and marketing purposes. The service is available to anyone with a Google account. Google Analytics is free statistics tracker that analyses traffic flow of a website.
A. What is Google Analytics ?
When you visit a web site, can meet variety of information that is stored on the server in the form of access logs. These simple text files are formatted in easy way to allow programs to analyse the stored information in understandable way. The information those are included in Google Analytics are the data in the IP address of the computer, the amount of data transferred, the URL visited, the time and date of the visit, the operating system and the browser used by the visitor to the web site. The most common information that is collected by most users from Google Analytics is to know about whether a web site is doing well is the number of visitors or not. Through Google Analytics you can keep records of every visit to your web site, and logs information such as when they visited, what pages they looked at, how long they stayed, and where they came from
Google Analytics does an excellent job of analyzing the information in our logs and presenting the information in a useful and meaningful format. And through this Google Analytics Setup Guide you can learn how to setup Google Analytics for your website.
Google Analytics features
- Data visualization tools including a dashboard, scorecards and motion charts to display changes in data over time.
- Division for analysis of subsets
- Custom reports
- Email-based sharing and communication
- Integration with other Google products, such as AdWords, Public Data Explorer and Website Optimizer etc.
Google Analytics can gear its services toward every sized business website, whether small, medium-sized retail website or a larger one. The service has limitations that make it less suited to more complex websites and larger enterprises.
B. Why Google Analytics is Important?
Google Analytics is a valuable tool for monitoring your website efficiency through online marketing efforts to get best results. Google Analytics setup can be handy in providing statistics on the number of visitors along with the list of new visitors who may have viewed your website. Through this tracker tool you can measure the online traffic to your website and helps in making further improvements in your advertising campaign. Most marketers opt Google Analytics as their best tool due to its free services. Another good thing is that you can manage your content strategy, if you are not satisfied with your content then can make changes. Google Analysis helps to drive traffic with improved conversion rate for greater revenue. This tracking tool also helps your website to get a high ranking on the search engines and also boosts the productivity of your online business.
Besides, companies who aspire to create a unique brand value for their products in the market can use this tool in real time tracking of the visitors coming to their website. Google Analytics provide accurate statistics on the number of visitors and their spending time to your website. You can measure bounce rates to measure the effectiveness of your landing pages. Google can do a lot for your website. This is an intelligence tool that will tell you a lot about your website traffic.
Google Analytic Benefits:
- 1. Target your online visitors
- 2. Drive out results from marketing campaign
- 3. Website customization for greater exposure
- 4. Website traffic flow evaluation
- 5. Web page quality improvement
By registering your website at Google Analytics, you can measure several important things those are necessary to feel the importance of Google Analytics.
- How many visitors are coming to your website
- Whether visitors’ number is increasing or decreasing
- What your bounce rate is
- Which sites refer people to your site
- Where traffic is coming from
- Which keyword provides more traffic for your site
- How long people stay on your site
C. Search Engine Advantages of Google Analytics Setup:
The Google Analytics information are very much help full for SEO services. It helps to enhance the rankings of site and promoting products. Google Analytics find out information about the visitors and your site to develop interaction between them. During SEO promotion, you can use Google Analytics to track the presentation of your keywords in organized manner for brand promotion. Through this you will be able to know your each keyword traffic.
Here is a list of more Google Analytics Setup Benefits:
- a. It is free of cost tool but provides similar works as compared to paying tools.
- b. Determine important pages and links for better SEO campaign to bring traffic.
- c. Know the way by which your visitors are finding your website and how they are searching in search engines with specific words.
- d. Collect traffic data with Google Analytics from MSN and Yahoo! So it’s better to use it to build up your position on the search engines.
D. How to Set up Google Analytics?
If you are still not utilized Google Analytics for your website then go through these simple steps to set up your free tracking tool to achieve best results.
- 1.Sign up for a new Google Account
- 2. Then come to setup screen
- 3. Fill up the setup screen according to your professional and personal requirements to create account name
- 4. For website URL, type your website address and pick your time zone and agree with user agreement
- 5. Tracking code
- 6. If you are using WordPress then install Google Analytics for WordPress plugin and manually enter your UA code
- 7. But if you don’t have WordPress then copy the Google display code
- 8. Paste your UA code before the ending tag in your HTML code
- 9. Save according to Google instructions
- 10. Now wait for Google to recognize your installed code
- 11. Second Admin User
- 12. When signed in to Google Analytics click on to Admin icon
- 13. Click the user tab
- 14. Click on new user
- 15. Fill up the email address and select “Administrator” as the role
- 16. Now logout and try to logging in with second-user address
This is all about Google Analytics Setup in advance SEO. If you enjoyed reading this and want to include some points of your own, then feel free to comment below. Stay Tuned for more Micro guides in SEO.Advanced & Detailed SEO Guide To Drive Your Business Ahead.