Before getting into the topic, let’s first get into the question “What exactly is Social Bookmarking“?
The Definition Of “Social Bookmarking”:
Social bookmarking is the functionality of sharing interesting web content to friends and colleagues. In common language it is way to store, tag and share links across the internet. It is a method where internet users store their favorite pages on bookmark sites.
With Social bookmarking you can organize and manage your bookmarked sites to browse through other’ bookmarks and to add them to your list of bookmarks.
A. What is Social Bookmarking?
Social bookmarking is organized by users through tags to content on a Web site. This means that other users can view bookmarks that are associated with a chosen tag, and even can see the number of users bookmarked them.
The social bookmarking concept is as similar as personal bookmarks, or favorite’s lists. These networks allow people to add links they like. Though social bookmarking can be used by anyone, but is generally utilized for sharing business to business information, or business to consumer information.
What social bookmarking do for business?
- Build relevant incoming links
- Attract more visitors
- Draws new clients or customers
- Finds people for business
- Helps businesses find other businesses
- Draws a lot of traffic
When you are going to add a link to be put into a social bookmarking network, it is first tagged or submitted to a social bookmarking site. It needs three keywords to be tagged on website, and then a description of the website is added. Then it can be searched through the keywords on the network.
B. Why Social Bookmarking is Important?
The easiest reply would be: When we surf the internet for the information, we bookmarked some web pages to read them later.
But due to any reason if our browser get crashed or our system get formatted you could not save your bookmarking information. So to save your time from again surfing the internet for particular information and to overcome from this issue social bookmarking comes.
Social bookmarking is easiest form of collecting quality backlinks. The more tags you add from people, the better it will be for your site. When you get more votes on your description, it reaches at the top of the search. The only thing you requires need to look for good writers for quality contents.
Social bookmarking websites have several categories and subcategories for all products and services. Select your appropriate one according to your business needs. It is important for you to gather relevant customers; otherwise irrelevant customers only affect your business and online reputation.
Ensure you goal to increase the ranking of your site because higher the ranking of your website, the better it will be for your business. So add accurate heading of your descriptions and content in the body because it also plays an important role in the mind of online users.
For receiving better social bookmarking results, you must increase your better understanding on its importance. So that you can know why you are utilizing social bookmarking for your website.
More details on social bookmarking to figure out its importance.
- Every webmaster want to drive more and more traffic to his website and social bookmarking is the best source for generating traffic.
- Any user from any corner of the world can book specific pages or entire sites.
- Social bookmarking is considered to be most powerful tool for website promotion.
- Social bookmarking sites won’t take your much time that is the reason it becomes popular service worldwide.
- It helps a lot in getting backlinks.
- It also helps in increasing the traffic.
- People can usually view these bookmarks in a chronological order like by tags or categories or via the search engine.
- The increased competition let social bookmarking to offer more than just rating and sharing bookmarks.
- People are able to export, import, comment, add notes, email links, reviews, feed subscription, automatic notification, and create social networks and groups.
Apart from this there are many other social bookmarking advantages lies for businesses. Due to high traffic and many regular users are being attracted by the social bookmarking sites, the shared information contains better positioning on the websites. The links from own blogs or websites if are posted to various social bookmarking sites. They can surely create back links to their site. Inbound links are valued by the search engines.
C. How to do Social Bookmarking?
Social bookmarking helps to store, manage and search for online resources that have been bookmarked. Here are steps to create your social bookmarking. In social bookmarking you are going to bookmark three types of links:
I. Your website pages
II. Pages that link to your website
III. Other topic-related pages
Include all three types of links if you want this strategy to work. In addition, you want to create a balance of links you bookmark.
1. Create an account at Delicious.com and install their browser add-on to quickly bookmark pages.
Then fill in all information along with including a short description in the ‘notes’ area and the tags are your keywords. Make your anchor text as default title to adjust that for higher key phrase ranking.
2. No need of bookmarking every website pages. Only bookmark your best pages.
3. Bookmark pages that link to your website. Whether it is press release, best articles or other websites, best videos on YouTube, images on Pinterest, EBooks and many more.
4. Add your clients’ written reviews links to your website. If you have guest blogged on someone else’s site, add that. If you shared a PowerPoint presentation on Slide Share and someone picked it up, bookmark it.
If an item is published in multiple places, you only need to bookmark it once. So if you’ve written a guest blog series that is featured on more than one website.
5. Search other valuable contents related to your topic from other websites. You might use Google to see what is ranking well.
6. Social bookmarking is a collection of popular, high quality pages related to your topic can greatly increase your traffic. And here you don’t have to change the title in the bookmark; just add a quick note and some of the recommended tags.
7. After bookmarking everything, either import or manually add these same links to the other social networking sites. This step should go fairly fast since you have all the ground work completed.
To increase your SEO ranking and traffic you can repeat and rinse every site. It will be wise if you will go for natural link building strategy.
C. Social Bookmarking Tools
Delicious is a social bookmarking service to save all your bookmarks online, share them with other people, and see what other people are bookmarking.
It is a place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, Digg reveals the best content as voted by its users.
Reddit is a source for what’s new and popular on the web. In this site Users provide all of the content and decide, through voting, what’s good and what’s not. Links that receive community approval bubble up towards number one, so the front page is constantly in motion and filled with fresh, interesting links.
It is most trusted social utility that helps people communicate more efficiently with their friends, family and coworkers. The company develops technologies that facilitate the sharing of information in people’s real-world social connections.
StumbleUpon collates ratings from its users to form collaborative opinions on website quality.
This is all about Social Bookmarking in advance SEO. If you enjoyed reading this and want to include some points of your own, then feel free to comment below. Stay Tuned for more Micro guides in SEO.Advanced & Detailed SEO Guide To Drive Your Business Ahead.