Google has provided a great opportunity for website publishers to make money with their websites, and that opportunity is called as Google AdSense. AdSense is an advertising agency which enables website publishers to display advertisements on their websites. Each time an advertisement gets a click or an action, the publishers gets paid. Website owners can make huge sums of money with AdSense. But to make money with AdSense is not as easy as it sounds. It requires a considerable amount of planning, strategy, research and execution. In this guide, we provide you the same with sufficient tips and trick that will be sufficient to boost your AdSense earnings. Let’s get started with the process of making money, I mean huge sums of money with AdSense.
Getting Started With AdSense
Before merging into the technicalities of AdSense, let’s rub off some of the basics of AdSense which may be necessary at a later part of this guide.
- Give yourself a brief introduction to AdSense and Types of AdSense. Many publishers believe that AdSense is all about web content and related text ads. But let me tell you this is not the fact. AdSense provides you a number of sources to generate revenue other than content related ads.
- The benefits of Adsense are very simple and easy to understand for any publisher. There are quite a few advantages of AdSense which makes AdSense more acceptable.
- Understanding and following the rules and policies is the basic necessity of any advertising campaign. The rule also applies to AdSense. There are a number of AdSense rules and policies which a publisher has to follow. Violation of these rules can lead to serious consequences. Google is very strict in these cases.
- The working of AdSense may or may not be known to all the publishers. Clear your doubt of confusion and know, in a very simple way, how AdSense works.
- Many publishers are confused with the payment options of AdSense. Avail yourself with different AdSense payment options to avoid monetary issues.
- Applying for AdSense is very easy. Google has eased the path of its application. Any publisher who abides by AdSense rules and policies is capable for applying. Know the eligibility criteria and process of application in AdSense.
- Once your application has been approved, all you need to do is to create an ad unit and copy some codes in your website. That’s it. Find out how to create an ad unit and get ad codes.
We all know that AdSense is all about placing ads on your website and getting more clicks. All that you need is more and more number of clicks on your displayed ad. For that, you need to alter some of the physicalities of your ads. Amend your ads so that it obligates your visitors to click on them.
- Before you start making changes, you need to know what you are going to change. Most of the publishers think that AdSense involves only textual ads. But this is not the case. There are different types of ads used in AdSense. Google provides you a lot of options on the types of ads.
- Ad designing is one of the important things that should be taken care of. Basically, there are 3 ad designing strategies – blending vs complimenting vs contrasting. A large portion of web publishers use blending as their ad designing strategy in AdSense. But still a considerable portion favors the other two options.
- Well, a publisher should always know about the sizes of the ads that are available in AdSense. These are called as Ad formats. Know about Ad formats and find out various sizes of ads available for each type of ad.
- Placement is one of the most important options to be considered while making changes to any ad. Follow some of the best Ad Placement strategies to maximize your AdSense earnings.
- Color is something which easily attracts visitors’ attention. The selection of the color depends on the publishers. Some choose to be jazzy while some choose to be subtle. Take a look at some color consideration points which can help you in getting more clicks.
- Web design and font of the ads also affect the quantity of the clicks.
Factors Affecting AdSense Programs
AdSense Programs are not easy to handle. There are a number of factors which influences an AdSense Program. Let’s take a look at those factors.
- Content of a website is very important to a visitor as well as to a publisher. It is because of this content that you get a number of ads. Understanding the importance of website content is very crucial in AdSense.
- Titles and Headlines of webpages also affect your AdSense earnings. It helps Google crawlers to determine the importance and relevance of a webpage.
- Keyword Placement and Density plays a very emphatic role in determining the ads to be displayed in AdSense. Dealing with keywords should be very precise and emphatic. Keyword sets the tone of your webpage for AdSense ads.
- Section Targeting is another important concept that is needed to be understood by a publisher. It helps a publisher in the funneling of ads. A publisher can desire for a kind of ad with section targeting.
- Meta tags are something which are very important for Google crawlers. Optimizing Meta tags can supply high quality ads which have high cost per click.
- Link units are continuous horizontal and vertical ads. Link units act as a great source of income in AdSense. Visitors tend to click on link units more often than any other ads. Therefore, optimization of link units holds a special place in the techniques to boost your AdSense earnings.
- The most basic step would be to get high and better paying ads. But the technique is as simpler as it seems. It is really a time consuming and tedious process. But the biggest advantage is that it is a one-time process which will continue to earn for you.
- There are a number of AdSense tips and tricks which, I think cannot be explained in a single post. A detailed process of these tricks is given for your assistance. Implementing these can certainly hike your AdSense earnings. Proper and undivided attention is required to get the entire gist of the topic under discussion.
Out Of The Box Tips For Greater Earnings
- Collaboration between YouTube and AdSense has resulted in AdSense YouTube Partner Program. This helps publishers to monetize their videos. Advertisements are displayed on videos. But video has to follow certain rules and regulations.
- AdSense also allows you to block low paying advertisers with competitive Ad filters. With this, you can block the IP addresses of low paying advertisers. With this you can also block the IP of your competitors who may want to stick low paying ads on your web page.
- AdSense Channels are an excellent and an interesting concept. Every publisher should make use of these channels. It allows you to track your ad campaign, thereby helping you to identify the errors and optimizing your campaign.
- Appeal to top referrers to get quality and directed traffic. But before asking for it, you should make sure that your site/page has such kind of deserving content. Nobody will refer to you if you have uninformative content.
Research with AdSense Tools
AdSense tools are the tools that provide you statistics of your campaign. Google itself provides you a number of tools, such as Analytics and Adwords to make use of. AdSense Tools are required to find high paying keywords.