Are you a search engine professional looking for some ready made suggestion regarding your profession? There are enough sites all over internet discussing about seo but nobody actually defines the process that ultimately helps the professionals.
No fear. we have come with the solution for you. so before discussing more, lets start with what is Search Engine Optimization and why it is necessary.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a technique which helps search engines find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query. SEO thus helps you get traffic from search engines. When we search our queries in search engine, search engines uses SEO algorithms and present to us Search Engine Result Page (SERP) in which all the related links will be provided. Millions and millions of sites are ranked according to various factors. To filter out the best suitable answer for your search query, SEO technique is used.
Pack Your Bags – Introduction to SEO
SEO Basics: – Every website owner wishes to rank 1 in search engine results for his/her desired keywords. SEO helps you to achieve that. It is a complex series of techniques and sub-techniques that prepares your website so that it is easily indexed and accepted by search engine crawlers. Link building is one of those SEO techniques, though very powerful. Learn some more basics of SEO and its importance for a website owner.
SEO vs SEM: – Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing /Paid Advertising are two different things. SEM is basically, marketing of the web sites to include it in SERP. Mostly done by business related websites to generate more and more traffic and hence to increase their own business. It is simply paying the search engine to get added to its data base immediately, whereas SEO is a completely organic/natural way of getting traffic. The advantages of SEO over SEM are completely unavoidable.
Working of Search Engine: – You must understand the working of a search engine, about how it examines the techniques of search engine optimization. It uses crawlers, robots and spiders to increase its network. These crawlers examine a website and then use some kind of secret algorithm to rank the page. Although, various other factors are also considered in this method, but link building holds the authority.
User Interaction with SERP: – Before creating a webpage one should examine how users interact with the outcome of the search engine. Normally the top three sites are the most favorable sites to get clicked. Always try to bring your website to the display of the users’ window.
Factors Affecting search engines: – There are various factors which affect the Search Engine Rankings and some of them are discussed here.
- Website content: – The content of your website should be unique and more importantly, worth reading. A visitor will never waste time reading the same, boring content. It should have the capacity to hold the attention of the visitor; otherwise website is a pure waste. An unparalled user-informative content should also have some SEO qualities in it, and should be called as SEO content.
- Website Architecture: – The internal as well as external architecture of the site also affect search engine rankings. HTML codes should be written in order so that the crawlers spent by the search engine for authentication, do no miss you. SEO website design and HTML codes holds a considerate importance in SEO.
- Internal linking: – There should be sufficient amount of internal links into your content to provide an enriching experience to your readers. Related content with related link will give you better rank.
- Social Media: – Your website should be popular within your niche. Other websites in your genre must link to your website. Hence, social media networks play an important role in SEO, the merging of which is called as Social Media SEO.
- Personalized Search: – Google is slowly transforming its algorithm to produce personalized search engines. Hence, a new term, SEO personalized search has been evolved.
- Trust and Authority: – Your website should not contain any viruses or spammers. Build SEO authority and trust to gain search engine’s confidence.
Let’s Get Started – All about Link Building
Introduction to Link building
Link building is an important strategy for improving a site’s rank in SERP. Various link building strategies and tools are available online to help you understand the link building process.
- Links and its Importance: – Link building is the practice of getting other sites to implement hypertext links to your website. One of the important factors that affect the Search Engine Optimization is the link profile of your page and the webpages that connect your websites through a hypertext link with respect to a particular relevant content on your page. In general, each link to a webpage is a vote for a webpage. Greater the votes for your webpage, greater will be the chance of rising to the top in SERP. Hence, SEO link building matters to search engines.
- Quality of links: – The notion of using links to measure the importance of a website was introduced by Google. It uses its page rank algorithm to determine the inbound link importance of a particular website. But, the importance of a link from website A may be different from a link from website B. There are certain characteristics that affect a quality of an inbound link to your site.
- Link Factors: – The score earned by any incoming link to a site depends on various link building factors. These are some practical factors that affect the quality of links. They include anchor text, surrounding text, link quality etc.
Professional Link Building Process
Link building process is a very tedious process and one has to be selective over any kind of strategy that can be used for link building process. Publishers want to use to most effective strategy so that they can get the best in return for their investment.
- Competitive Backlink Analysis: – Analyzing about your competitors in the market and finding their strengths and weaknesses will facilitate you to create a better, improved and an effective strategy for yourself. This can be done through competitive back link analysis. Various online tools can be used for this purpose.
- Asking for a Link: – To improve your inbound link profile, one of the simplest processes is to ask for a link. Requesting a link from related authoritative website will be of much help. But for this you will have to publicize your site by a few means
- Directory Submissions: – Link Directory Submissions is one of the oldest and best ways to obtain links. Numbers of directories are available online in which you can submit. Search engines analyses those directories using their hidden factors and then decide upon the fate of your website.
- Press releases and PR: – Increasing the popularity of your website is a great way to obtain links from other websites. Telling the world about your website will help you get a large number of links. Various press releases and PR stunts can be done to increase the popularity of your website.
- No Follow links: – The No Follow Meta tag or attribute is one that the search engines have agreed should mean that the links so tagged will not pass any PageRank or link juice to the site receiving the link. No follow links comes in two forms, the No Follow Meta tag and the No Follow attribute.
- Link Wheel: – Link Wheel is a very popular internet marketing strategy in which a pattern of links is created from one website to another and ultimately to that website that requires promotion. Link Wheel needs to be relevant and should continue with the flow of information. You can also enter into many link wheels to get higher clicks.
- Link Baiting: – Link Baiting is a process of creating a content which is designed specifically to gain attention or encourage other websites to link to your website. This process is adopted to make your site viral in nature. It also helps you to increase the quantity of high quality websites to link to your webpage.
Content based Link building Strategy
Improving your quantity and quality of inbound links can also be done with the help of content based link building strategy.
- Importance of content in building links: – A website cannot improve upon its inbound links unless it has a good and relevant content for its visitors. Writing some great, attractable, readable and attention grabbing content is enough for improving your inbound links. You need to identify various link building targets and decide about what type of content they want to link and then write accordingly. It is very important to understand the importance of content in link building.
- Guest Posting for Links: – Guest posting can be very effective in link building process but that depends upon the type of content present. Include your website links that direct readers to your site. Make sure to provide relevant links only to enrich readers’ experience.
- Social Media Sites: – The growing popularity of social media sites has made its impact on SEO link building. Search engines give a pressing amount of importance to social media popular sites. Such type of link building is called as social link building.
- Widgets: – The concept here is to create a widget and provide it to other publishers allowing them to place it on their website, in return for an attribution link back to your website. Helpful widgets are accepted by most of the websites and hence it can increase your measure of inbound links. Such types of widgets are called as link widget.
- Social Bookmarking sites: – The role of social bookmarking in link building is immense. Simply bookmark sites to build links. This process may take a longer time but sure it is effective.
- Article Directory Submissions: – Similar to directory submissions, you can take advantage of article directory submission. In this case, you need to just submit or create your articles in article submission site.
- Paid Links: – A moot topic of paid links has been existent for a long time. One should know about the paid links in SEO and how you can build links with it. Google presses severe penalization to such paid links.
Link Building Tools
Let’s check out some tools and resources that can ease your link building campaign.
There are various tools available online to help you in the process of link building. A wide range of online tools and softwares are available to help you in the process of link building. These include search engine tool, backlink analysis tool and Firefox add-ons. Link building tools really incentivizes your entire link building campaign.