Google Adwords campaign guides you through series of steps to create your own ad campaign. It provides a number of settings that you can modify and alter to maximize your ads potential and its returns. The most important thing is picturizing your customers while starting an ad campaign. Remembering their traits, behavior, and thinking from customers point of view can help in developing an effective ad campaign.
To start up an Adword campaign, just follow three simple steps.
i. Go to Google Adword to sign in. Either you can use your gmail account or you can create a new one for your adwords campaign. Click Start now. Now enter your email address, select a password, select a time zone and currency and finally confirm your mail. By this you have started your Adword account with which you will operate.
ii. Create your first ad after you have created an account. Be creative and choose where your ads appear, decide on a budget, write you ad, select keywords/ phrases etc. Click on Create your first campaign.
iii. You will be taken to “Select campaign settings” where you need to choose your campaign settings.
- Choose where your ads can appear: Select websites in which you want to display your ads, languages in which ad should be shown, kinds of devices etc. If you are not able to come to a decision, then choose the default option.
- Decide on a budget: Decide the bid amount, which is how much you are willing to pay each time a user clicks on your ad. Also set a maximum amount which you want to spend on each day.
- What to appear: Here you will have to select what besides a text and a link you want to appear on your ad.
iv. Click on Save and Continue. You can always some back later to edit the settings.
vi. Once you have saved your settings you will be taken to create ad group page.
- First of all, you will have to enter the basic information about your ad – headline, description lines, display URL, destination URL. Both the URL should contain the same site.
- Next enter a list of 10-20 keywords for which you want your ad to get displayed. Follow the tips that are provided in the settings page.
vii. Click on Save and continue to billing. You have just created your first text ad.
viii.Eventually, to start up your ad band wagon, fill up the basic billing information. You can pause, edit, resume and cancel your ad at any time.
Finally as soon as you activate your account, your ads show up on result pages. Within three hours you can expect to see data in your account’s campaign tab.
Make search engines your market place with the ultimate guide to Search Engine Marketing. A detailed analytic approach along with a bunch of sureshot tips and tricks is provided in this guide.