Testing your landing pages and their elements is one of the crucial part of conversion rate optimization best practices. You just cannot “set and forget” your sales pages. You need to continuously evaluate and differentiate between the effective and non-effective parts of the page. Tweak some changes to the non-effective parts and run them again in the market to notice any change. At present, I will not go into the what, why & how of landing page testing techniques. This post lists out all the landing page elements that you can test.Website owners use Google’s Website Optimizer to test various elements of landing pages. Let’s discuss about them:
It is very crucial to check headline efficiency as it heavily determines that whether a reader will stay on the site or not. A headline should be able to capture visitors’ attention. The first information that your headline should convey is the simple satisfaction to the users’ that they have landed in the right place. And the second is that it should briefly give the gist of what users will get in the site. Readers come with a problem and your headline should inform them that they can find their answers here. Writing an excellent headline for your sales page is therefore, very important.
B. Body Of The Page:
This is the place where you need to explain about the products. You need to cover every angle to provide full information to your readers. If your headline has convinced the users to scroll down the page, then your body should clearly support the claims which were made in headlines. The body should be relevant to users’ search query, it should demonstrate all the benefits, and it should be written in a manner in which your target audience appreciates.
Checkout certain options:
- Break long chunks of texts into smaller scannable paragraphs.
- Focus on demonstrating the benefits of the product, rather than focusing on features.
- You can insert some more high traffic keywords in the copy of the content to make it more search engine friendly.
- Bullet the beneficiary points which you think can create more impact in readers’ minds
C. Call To Action:
Call to action is the tipping point between conversion and bouncing off the website. A small tweak in the CTA can greatly impact your conversion rate optimization best practices. The copy of your CTA should tell the readers what they will get by clicking on it, instead of instructing them on what to do to get the information. Check out the site which focuses on how to create converting call to action. You should also test the color, size and the placement of the buttons.
D. Contact Form:
Contact forms are more difficult for landing page testing as they are linked to databases and a small damage to it can hinder the lead analytics. However, if you can adapt, then this can be a quick win for testing.
Try out these options:
- Try different lengths of contact forms. Try a version which stays above the fold.
- The number of questions in the contact form. Try to minimize the number.
- The number of required fields in your form. Make some of the fields optional.
- Change your contact information to see if this inspires the readers.
E. Try different offers:
See which offers generates the best response in your conversion rates. Highlight seasonal or time-sensitive offers on your landing page.
You can test any element that you wish. But these were some of the most commonly tested elements. The next post covers the two types of landing page testing, which can be conducted on your landing pages.
If you are looking for a step by step process to optimize the conversion rate of your website, you can visit our Conversion Rate Optimization Guide to turn your visitors into customers. Please feel free to leave any comment you have in your mind.
You may also like:
- Conversion Rate Optimization Elements – The Three Legs Of The Conversion Tripod From A Bird’s Eye View
- All About Multivariate Testing For Landing Pages To Determine The Right Kind Of Audience To Your Website
- Know & Understand About Factors of AB Testing For Landing Pages To Get More Conversion
- 8 Landing Page Mistakes That You Can Avoid To Achieve Better Conversion
- Conversion Rate Optimization Guide: Turn Your Visitor Into A Customer
- 7 User Interface Mistakes That Block Conversion Rate For Your Landing Page
- How To Pen Down Your Sales Copy Writing Strategies For Better Conversion Rate Optimization
- A Detailed Landing Page Design Guide To Land You More Conversion
- All About Landing Page – Why You Must Have A Landing Page For Your Business
- How To Write Sales Page Headlines To Grab The Initial Attention Of Your Audience
- Product Searching Guidelines To Improve Your Conversion Rate
- Identifying User Navigation & User Interface Problems Of Your Website For Better Conversion
- How To Create Highest Converting Call To Actions On Your Sales Page To Boost Your Conversion
- A Detailed Product Page Optimization Guide To Land Your Business More Sales
- A Detailed Guide On Ecommerce Landing Page Design That Leads to Convincing Online Sales