A high conversion rate is the wish of every online business website owner. For this, one requires proper tactics and more importantly, careful implementation of those tactics. This process is called as conversion rate optimization. Conversion rate optimization is the practice of creating an excellent landing page for visitors to provide the best user experience. The ultimate goal is to increase the percentage of visitors that convert it to leads. The visitor must take the desired action that you wish him to take. It can be buying a product, filling up a subscription form, newsletters etc. Generating more and more leads from within a particular amount of visitors is the aim of conversion rate optimization.
Many marketers have underestimated the process of CRO as they have overestimated the process of SEO. Getting traffic is important, but if 98 out of 100 visitors simply come and leave your website without taking any action, then all your SEO hard work simply goes in vain. Traffic is only a component of success. Once you have got that traffic, CRO comes into play. Hence, SEO and CRO, both play a significant role in generating leads.
CRO is only possible if and only if you provide the best user experience to your visitors. CRO is not a practice for ego-driven decisions; rather it all boils down to customers and their choice. Understanding your customers and giving them what they want is the success key for conversion rate optimization. Conversion rate optimization stands on three legs – User Interface design, Persuasive Sales copy, Usability Testing.
A. User Interface design:
User interface is the term which refers to the interaction and experience between a human user and an application. In CRO, this application refers to your landing page. The goal of a user interface design is to make the users’ interaction as simple and efficient as possible. It includes the designing of landing pages, proper placement of website elements, website navigationcolor considerations and everything that provides an enriching experience to users. This factor holds the maximum importance amongst the three. The bounce rate of a website
B. Persuasive Sales Copy:
Once you are done with user interface design, it is now the time to create an excellent persuasive sales copy. Sales copy is the information on your webpage to generate leads and ultimately to make sales. A perfect sales copy uses the right words for the right products and services, thereby encouraging the customers to take some kind of action. It not only includes textual content but also engulfs images, videos etc. Any kind of information about the product or related to product is included in the sales copy.
C. Usability Testing:
Continuously testing your landing pages with different combinations helps you to identify the best one which provides a higher conversion rate. Do not just change; try to improve with each modification. Give the new set some time to adjust with the market and with the visitors. Different types of test are conducted in the process of CRO. Well, there are some marketers who simply use their guess work to test landing pages. Rather, you should analyze, find and rectify the problems.
The three factors mentioned above are the three legs of a CRO tripod. They constitute the entire process. Full efficiency is required in all of these factors to achieve CRO success.
If you are looking for a step by step process to optimize the conversion rate of your website, you can visit our Conversion Rate Optimization Guide to turn your visitors into customers. Please feel free to leave any comment you have in your mind.
You may also like:
- 5 Landing Page Testing Elements For Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices
- Conversion Rate Optimization Guide: Turn Your Visitor Into A Customer
- How To Pen Down Your Sales Copy Writing Strategies For Better Conversion Rate Optimization
- How To Be Your Own Customer To Your Website – Catch It From A Customer’s Point Of View
- 7 User Interface Mistakes That Block Conversion Rate For Your Landing Page
- Identifying User Navigation & User Interface Problems Of Your Website For Better Conversion
- 8 Landing Page Mistakes That You Can Avoid To Achieve Better Conversion
- Product Searching Guidelines To Improve Your Conversion Rate
- How To Create Highest Converting Call To Actions On Your Sales Page To Boost Your Conversion
- Know & Understand The Types Of Website Visitors That Land On Your Sales Page
- A Cheat Sheet On Effective User Interface Design Principles To Maximize Your Website’s Conversion
- A Detailed Product Page Optimization Guide To Land Your Business More Sales
- All About Landing Page – Why You Must Have A Landing Page For Your Business
- A Detailed Landing Page Design Guide To Land You More Conversion
- Know & Understand About Factors of AB Testing For Landing Pages To Get More Conversion