Your LinkedIn Profile is an essential part of your online professional identity. Whether you are a published author, a researcher with a list of patented inventions, a job-seeker who wants to showcase your certifications and skill-sets, or a multilingual global professional, your profile is the image of you in entire internet business fraternity. Therefore to display a nice, unique image of yourself you may need to customize LinkedIn profile. There are two ways with which you can customize your LinkedIn profile. Let’s check out those two ways.
For this you have a number of options. You can add sections by clicking on the “Add Sections” on your edit profile page.
Some of the options involved in the sections are:
- Publications: This section is dedicated to all the writers, publishers, researchers, authors etc. With this section you can add your published work to your profile. For upcoming writers and authors, they can display their work as a showcase to publication companies.
- Languages: Multilingual professionals can brag in this section. Professionals with multiple language expertise are in a high demand.
- Skills: You can display your skills, area of expertise and proficiencies, in this Skills section.
- Certifications: Show off your certificates, licenses, clearances that you have attained in Certificates Section.
- Patents: Display your credibility and creativity in patents section.
Well, there are a number of sections and applications that you can add in your profile.
Re arranging your profile:
LinkedIn provides you the facility to re-arrange your profile, in the order in which you want them to display. They can be arranged in any order. The arrangement should be in a perfect manner which showcases your story in best possible manner. If you have got some fantastic recommendations, then you can move them to the top of your profile page. The first information that bring about a customer conversion should be displayed at the top. A simple technique of drag and drop is used for this purpose.
Use the above two techniques effectively to customize LinkedIn profile. Let us know how it helped you to strengthen your LinkedIn presence.