There has been a recent boom in the count of e-commerce websites in internet. Online businesses are slowly shifting towards e-commerce because of its impactful benefits. The success of an e-commerce website partly depends on landing page design. The clarity, functionality and the user experience are all the key components of an online retail store. The better and the easier is the buying process, the more successful will be your online retail store. Successful ecommerce landing pages include bold text, attractive call to action buttons, easy navigational links, and promotional ads.
Is ecommerce website design delivering? If not, then you are the right place to make it so. This post delivers you all the tactics and tips to rocket your online store sales. Let’s check them out. Some of the strategies are similar on designing a product landing page which is not included in this post.
A. Collect Customer Reviews:
Now you are seriously missing out on a great thing if you are not collecting your customer reviews. Not only this gives you a great feedback to your site but also, is a unique source of content. Collecting customer reviews has two advantages:
- Prospective customers landing on your page can read these reviews which can definitely influence them to buy your offered product.
- You can create lots and lots of pages filled with customer review content. Optimize these pages for search engines to rank you. Optimize your Nixon s9300 camera review page so that every time a user searches for Nixon s9300, he/she lands on your page.
B. Match What You Said:
A landing page is the first impression of your ecommerce website. Just imagine its importance. The message displayed in your banner ads, PPC campaigns, etc. should continue at the landing page. There should be no conflict. If you are offering 20% discount coupon in your ads, then your landing page should also offer the same. It is also important to direct your visitors to the targeted ecommerce landing page design. Some marketers direct them to their homepage, thinking that they may buy some other high priced products. By doing so, they only lose their customers. Keeping your promise creates a very good impression and also builds your website credibility in the eyes of customers.
C. Help Your Customers:
Customer will not buy what you simply offer them. They need some information before buying, which can convince them to buy your product. There are certain ways of doing it:
- Product videos: Product videos are a great source of quick interaction. Tell your readers how they can use your product and how it can help them in their life.
- Free reports and comparisons: Provide free reports to your readers and help them compare your product with your competitors.Provide each and everything that can help your readers to explore some more information.
D. Compelling Copy Along With Call To Action:
Make sure that your call to action in ecommerce landing page design creates a sense of urgency in users’ mind to take that desired action. It should be short, simple and attractive. Some people confuse their visitors with over-enthusiastic call to action. Your copy should be descriptive as well as over-whelming which holds the power to obligate readers. Here are some tips to write an excellent copy:
- Always use active speech in your description. Instead of “These people used…”, use “ People are using….”
- Include words that evoke positive emotion such as boost, success, revitalize etc.
- Interject words that provoke intrigue and curiosity such as secret, exposed.
- Try to create a deadline for your product. This instills a sense urgency which encourages people to decide and act quickly.
- People have a lot of “why’s and what’s” in their mind. Brainstorm and think of such questions. Once you have penned down all your questions, give their answers in your copy. Why they should buy it now? What benefit they will get from it?
- Follow the rule of K.I.S.S (Keep it simple and smart)
E. Use people for marketing:
Use the entire web world for your e-commerce marketing. Use your present customers, prospective customers, industry experts and others. Let me show you how:
- Make use of social sharing buttons to popularize your pages. Be careful while using them. They can also distract your readers. Our main goal is to sell our product, not to be liked or tweeted. Install social sharing buttons at appropriate stages in the buying process. Social sharing should be encouraged at the following points:
- After the point of purchase on a thank you/ confirmation page.
- Email follow up and correspondence.
- Reviews sharing should be promoted.
- Add excerpts of testimonials and reviews to your ecommerce landing pages. Ask your visitors to share them as customers are more likely to buy a product when they see a social media recommendation.
- Ask influential people and mainly highly trafficked bloggers to endorse your product. Create such alliances which boost your reputations as well as conversions.
F. Page Speed:
A user will not hang around and wait for your web page to appear. He has a lot of options but you don’t. You want that user to visit to your page. The loading speed of a page is a crucial factor to decrease the bounce rate and to increase the conversion rate. A fast loading page has a positive effect on readers’ mind and on his/her actions.
G. Keep on Testing:
You will have new products, new market conditions, and new customers. Your landing page should be responsive to such kind of changes. Do not just create and sit. Continuously experiment your ecommerce landing page design with different combinations. Doing so, will not only give a fresh feel to your website but also breaks the boring structure.
Landing pages for e-commerce websites are very important since the boom in online store business. Make sure you create an excellent one.
If you are looking for a step by step process to optimize the conversion rate of your website, you can visit our Conversion Rate Optimization Guide to turn your visitors into customers. Please feel free to leave any comment you have in your mind.