Blogging is not easy. It requires consistent efforts and a lot of research (for providing valuable content). There are some who can handle and can overcome this barrier while there are many who prefer to quit blogging.
There are many reasons why people quit blogging, but IMO, the biggest issue is monetization. Bloggers get lured in blogging arena thinking of making money online. There are a lot of blogs who tell “how to make money with blogging via AdSense, Affiliate Marketing and blah..blah….” After a few months, people start realizing that they are making negligible or no money in return of heavy hard work which they put in. Hence, they quit blogging. Darren Rowse has beautifully explained when you should quit blogging
Let’s Say You’ve Decided To Quit Blogging. What’s Next?
You need to sell your blog at a fair price. Well, there are no hard bound rules in selling a blog, but a normal rule of thumb is that the price of your blog should be equal or twice the blog’s annual revenue. Problem arises in when your blog hasn’t started monetizing. Don’t worry! If you have a heavy archive containing quite a number of posts, your blog might still have a significant value.
Different experts have different considerations involved in the valuation of your blog. Some of them include traffic and other analytical information, Google Page Rank, value of the domain name, number of posts in archive, blog’s monthly/yearly revenue.
How To Sell Your Blog?
Selling a blog is similar to selling a car. There are quite a number of ways with which you can get your word out. One of them is to find a market place where buyers and sellers as you’d have done with your car. There are a number of sites where you can sell your blog . You can post about your intention, your blog information and the amount you tag to your blog. Ask for a reasonable price – you bid too low, people will ignore it. You bid too high, people will ignore it.
You can write about your selling intent in different forums and discussion places. Find where people are and tell them that you want to sell your blog. You can also spread the word in your various social networks.
An effective place to find your buyer is your blogging network. Reach out to people whom you believe would be interested in purchasing your blog.
Ask your purchaser to verify all the information for the questions he/she has. You would not want to fight a court case after selling a blog.
When it comes to negotiating, you can be very creative. You can think of different terms and conditions and put those in front of the buyer. When both the parties agree to each other’s conditions, sell blog.
Just because you have your buyer’s money in your account, does not your task is over. There’s still some more work to done. You still have to go through web host and domain provider to transfer the title to seller. You may also have to provide different passwords such as Facebook Fan Page, Twitter account etc.
The important thing that you need to do while selling a blog is to explain your readers the reasons why you are taking this step of selling. This helps with the smooth transition for readership.
Also remember that you can partner up with another blogger or can sell a percentage of your blog. Just clear out some points before going into partnership.
Don’t get sad for selling your blog. The best thing is that you can start blogging all over again and that too anytime (now that you know everything about blogging)
The last bit of advice that I’d give you is to not to stop running your blog until you have sold it. List as much information as you can about your blog and be honest with it. Properly value it, take some time and then sell it.
If you are looking for a step by step process to start your own blogging, you can visit our Beginners-guide-to-blogging to reach near targeted visitors. Please feel free to leave any comment you have in your mind.
You may also like:
- Opportunities in Blogging – A Detailed Guide On How To Make Money With Blog
- Corporate Blogging Schedule – How To Hire Staff For Your Blog In 5 Simple Ways
- 5 Distinctive WaysTo Make Money From Premium Content
- 7 Out Of Box Strategies To Take Your Blog To Next Level
- 8 Excellent Strategies To Create A Business Blog
- 6 Proven Ideas To Monetize Your Blog & Achieve High Traffic Plus Better Website Ranking
- 8 Mind Blowing Tips To Fight With Blogging Frustration
- Determine Your Vision While Setting Up A Blog To Meet Your Blogging Objectives
- 9 Strategic Ways To Increase Subscriber Base To Recruit Right Traffic For Your Blog
- Understand The Importance Of Blog Design And How It Builds Brand In Market
- A Detailed Step by Step Guide To Create & Maintain Your Daily Blogging Schedule
- How An Effective Blogging Strategy Helps You In Planning a Successful business Blog
- Six Tips On How To Create A Business Blog To Meet Desired Online Success
- Guest Blogging Benefits To Gain Massive Blog Traffic
- How To Get Traffic To Your Blog In 9 Simple Ways