Media Marketing in Facebook is increasing tremendously. More and more number of Facebook page and Facebook groups are being created by different marketers with the ultimate aim of getting more and more customers. Many actually don’t know the pros and cons of groups or pages. They simply create facebook fan page for the sake of creating one. Almost everyone knows about a Fan page and a Facebook group. Business owners use them to create followers for their offered products and services. For a successful social media business venture, you need both, a group as well as a fan page. Each one of them tries to achieve their respective tasks by serving different purposes. Let’s check them out.
#Pros of Facebook Fan Page:
- A Fan Page gets indexed by search engine crawlers. You have widened your source of traffic which was previously restricted to only Facebook users.
- As soon as you reach 5000 friend limit, you can start your fan page to stay connected with more people.
- You are able to message all your fans with a single click.
- You can have unlimited fans with Fan page/s with the help of above discussed point.
- You can have multiple pages which will help you in SEO.
- Research your content, prepare it, and then publish it.
- Add rich media and other types of applications that you think would help you in your business.
- Only a minor part of the activity goes into the profile news feed. Visibility increases either, when you have a new fan or when your fan/s upload photo, video to your fan page. Therefore, you must encourage your readers to do so that more and more people can see you in Facebook.
- When a message is send to all the fans, it goes out as an “Update” which is in a different section of a Facebook Page. Therefore, it may happen that your message may go unnoticed.
5 ways to use Facebook fan page for Business:
Facebook Pages represent your business. Your fan page is kind of similar to your website, but with a greater inclination towards the social network part. Facebook has recently made its entire fan page public. Google will now be able to index your fan page. With more and more fans, you increase the possibility of getting higher ranks in search engine rankings. It means that people can land on your fan page from outside Facebook. It is advantageous to use a facebook fan page for business campaign.
- There is a high possibility of spreading your message virally. Keep posting your updates which would engage your fan’s friends. This would increase your fan page base and ultimately the more and more eye on your page, the more revenue you generate.
- If you link your website to your Facebook fan page, then it would obviously result in high generation of traffic, if people are more interested in your products and services.
- Keep your visitors engaged by some normal or abnormal means. Do anything but keep them coming back to your website.
- Creating an efficient fan page can be said as low cost marketing with high potential yields.
- Opt in list is a very powerful tool to grow your fan base and promote your products/services which will result in increasing number of customers.
#Pros of Facebook Group:
- You can message to all your group members – up to 5000 members and more importantly, your message lands right in their inbox. Therefore, your message will definitely be viewed.
- All group activities go out into the feeds: wall posts, posted items, discussion threads, photos uploaded, and videos uploaded. This significantly increases your viral visibility. You’ll want to highly encourage your group members to interact with all the features.
- Groups are generally informal as compared to Fan page. This helps you to generate innovative ideas to call back your followers.
- Anyone can start a Facebook group related to any topic.
- You can control the visibility of your group. Facebook provides three options: Secret – Only members see the group, who’s in it, and what members post. Closed: Anyone can see the group and who’s in it. Only members see posts. Open (public): Anyone can see the group, who’s in it, and what members post
- Demographics groups can be easily created.
- A group can comprise a maximum of 5000 members. There is no provision for adding more.
- Customization is restricted to minimum.
- You cannot add Facebook applications in your Groups.
- Deleting or unliving a Facebook group can be tedious.
3 ways to use Facebook groups for Business:
Facebook groups are similar to creating your own army of buyers. You groom them in such a way that they are ready to buy anything that you will offer.
- Community run posting is a very efficient tool in creating interactions. Offer incentives to group members who add sales content or to those who provide reviews for the product. Publishing this result online may work wonders for you.
- Start a weird photo competition, where they can post absurd snaps of your product will help you gain popularity. You can also launch a poll for choosing the best snap.
- Host regular community meet-ups for your group where you can share, videos, photos, content etc. Sales will naturally increase as group members love brand centric activities.
Make social networking sites as your marketing platform with Social Media Marketing Guide. Get the most out of your social networks to optimize your business.