In layman’s language, there are 3 brief and simple points to illustrate the importance of content.
- Your visitors will come to your site and obviously, read your content. The kind of relationship that will be built among you and your visitors depend on the content. It will be a deciding component visitors will take into consideration that whether they want to do business with you or not.
- Site’s search engine rankings rely greatly on content. A keyword rich content will have a higher ranking than a keyword desolated content.
- Other websites will read your content and then decide that if your site is worth linking to theirs. Linking is very important as it represents a single vote for your website. Higher the votes, higher will be your site’s reputation in internet. It also helps in Search Engine Optimization.
A. Content for Humans
Present customers and potential customers are the chief audience for your content. You need to write content in an interesting, intriguing and an engaging manner that will drive the audience to buy your offered products. It makes your site popular amongst the visitors.
While writing content for your audiences, you should also take other things into consideration such as the appearance of the page, loading time, types of images and graphics to be used, visibility of audience and many other things. These things are really important and help to make visitors stick to your site. Once you are done with this stage, you can think about the relevant and crucial keywords/key phrases that you should use.
B. Content for Search Engines
This is the second step in creating content, which is to create content for search engines. This is extremely important because while creating content for search engines, you are also planning for your promotion. If you create a search engine friendly content for your site, then it will be placed higher in search engine rankings, which will ultimately result in high traffic for your site. This means you have a better chance to sell out your product. Sensible placement of determining keywords inside the content is very important to rank high in search engine rankings.
C. Content for attracting Links
After you are done creating strategy for search engines, you come down to create content that attract links. You need to create specific pages and resources that are worth linking. Such type of content is called as “link bait”. Other websites should be obligated to link your website/page. The content in this type is relevant to your area of expertise. The main target of these kinds of sites is to engage large audiences and other site owners. Content that is worthy of linking falls mainly into these kinds of categories:
How To’s and Tutorials:
You show case your knowledge in a particular field of expertise. People require that knowledge from you. Providing tips on completing a certain task will surely generate you inbound links.
People adore lists. They simply love to see them. It is this reason most of the blogs and websites start with “top 5…”, “8 tips…” etc.
E-books are a great way to share information with people about your area of expertness. You can use different kinds of devices like e-book readers and iPads.
Graphics that provide information are appreciated by one and all.
Interviews are a great way for providing lights in your industry.
Website publishers like to link quizzes in their site to make it more attractive.
Reports and White papers:
Important documents and reports are shared by most of the information related sites.
Your content needs to be a mixture of all these ingredients. It will help you generate traffic, make your site popular, and will most importantly it will encourage readers to like you, follow you and trust you.
If you are looking to increase your content writing knowledge in a step by step gradual process, click on Web Content Writing Guide and avail some of the excellent tips, tricks and strategies for web content writing.
You may also like:
- What a SEO Content Writer Does For Your Website – Understand the Basics Of SEO & Why To Go For SEO Content Writing
- What A Web Content Writer Does For Your Website – Get The Reality
- How To Write Headlines That Make Your Audience Go Gaga Over Your Content
- Great SEO Content Helps You Rank Better – So What it Means By A Great SEO Content?
- Importance Of AdSense Content And Tips On How To Write It
- First Impression Is The Last Impression – Importance Of Title In Your Content & How To Make It Impressive
- Give Your Content Audience What They Want – Tips To Write For Them
- Always Wanted Rank 1 in search engines?? Learn The Basics Of SEO And Its Importance
- Know The Importance Of SEO Website Design And HTML Codes In Your Optimization Process
- Some Quick & Effective SEO Content Writing Tips You Might Have Missed
- Search Engine Optimization / SEO – Basics, Importance And The Process
- Content Strategy For Better SEO Value – Importance Of Content In Link Building
- A Cheat Sheet On How To Make A SEO Content Landing Page
- Adjust The Bass And Treble Of Content Tone – Know Its Importance While Writing For Search Engine
- A Brief Introduction To The “What And Why” Of Search Engine Marketing