Content Marketing is a simple marketing tactic in which you provide something valuable and worthful to people for free with the sole purpose of establishing a strong relationship with them. This will eventually leads to easy sales of product. It is a marketing technique in which a content marketer creates and distributes valuable and informative content to appeal, attract,acquire, enlist and engage a predefined target audience. The only objective of a content writer is to drive customers’ actions that will make profit to the marketer.
Instead of throwing products and services, a marketer provides intelligent information for the buyers. The gist of this maneuver lies in the belief that customers will buy the products and will generate loyalty towards company in return for consistent and important information that is being provided to them.
Content marketing is one of those genres of marketing whose popularity is growing at a tremendous rate. Traditional marketing has been becoming less and less effective over the years. People like to surf on the internet. They would absorb any kind of online information without a care for banners or buttons. This is where the importance of content marketing comes. Content marketing, if used effectively can be very efficient and its outcome is also appreciative. If you a simple and an easier process for sales of your product, then you will have to become a keen content marketer.
A great content writer attracts attention of his/her targeted audience. Delivering good and consistent content will help you to abolish your online obscurity. It will give you enough exposure that will help to build trust with the audience. There are different kinds of content marketing. It includes:
- Blogs: Blogs are the easiest way to share content. They are easy to create and operate; hence there is a greater amount of competition in this area. You will have to become very creative and innovative for effective blogging.
- Podcast: If you like to talk, then better share your audio files with others. Select a topic which interests you and make great podcasts.
- Video: Take the help of videos in content marketing after all YouTube is the second biggest search engine after Google.
Great content marketing can take your business to unimaginable proportions. People will buy from you if and only if they trust you. And content marketing helps to build that bridge of trust between you and your customers. And once you have achieved that you can easily sell your products to customers. The only way you can do this is by creating clean and an obligating content. Content of a blog/podcast/video can be of three types:
- Cornerstone Content: This is the most important type of content as it affects your readers directly. It reflects your personality and your grasp at a particular field. If you are a web designer, then you will write about web designing, if you are a sportsperson, then you will write about sports and so on. Write about the area in which you expertise.
- Personal Content: People would love to know about your personal life. Do not hesitate to share your personal information with them. It is a great way of building direct relationship with your audience.
- Spicy Content: Write something extraordinary, jazzy, funky, and controversial and link worthy. You want your content to go viral in this type.
The key for becoming a successful content writer is to train your audience to show pay attention with your content. Each time you write content, you should try to grab attention of audiences. Once you are successful in doing this, people will pay their undivided attention to when you will try to sell your product.
The success of your content marketing campaign depends on the number of subscribers who subscribe for your content. This means that they have liked your previous content and they want to be the first to know and first to read each time you post a new content. What more can a content marketer ask? People can subscribe to your content either by email notifications or by RSS feed. They can also follow you in social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
But this may take a long time. Content marketing is not a one-shot deal. You will have to provide continuous content. You need to maintain a consistent frequency for delivering your content to establish a long-term relationship with your customers.
There should be a perfect balance in creating your content and promoting your products and services. There should be an optimum marketing plan in which you should know the amount of time that is required to spend on writing content and the time you require to promote your products. Most of your time will be spent in creating content that users want. You want them to like you, trust you. And for this you need to give them consistent content. Rest of the time can be used to promote your products and services. The more you spend your time on content, the better you know your readers and their problems. Once you know their problems, you can offer those products and services that can help solve them their problems. This is just like a relation circle on which content marketing industry stands.
If you are looking to increase your content writing knowledge in a step by step gradual process, click on Web Content Writing Guide and avail some of the excellent tips, tricks and strategies for web content writing.