Reciprocal linking is a joint venture between two website owners where they agree to share each other’s link on their own website. Such type of links are called as reciprocal links. This helps you get targeted traffic for your audience. The two website owners agree to share link with each other. Not only it increases your traffic, but it also improves your search engine rankings. So this is a win-win situation for both of the owners. Finding and persuading good quality, high traffic and relevant sites is a tedious task. To look for link partners, search on Google and Bing. The best reciprocal linking environment is when both the sites are relevant, offer rich content and are non-competitive with one another. Get links from sites which get high traffic and also rank high in search engine ranks.
How to Set up Reciprocal Links:
- Brainstorm categories of links in which your visitors will be interested in. This is an important factor because you would always want to give them correct and related information. The links should be related to your content. Your main approach should be solving the problems of your visitors.
- Find good quality, information rich and link related complementary websites on search engines. Top 20 results will do the task.
- Place a link to them on your site. Use your pages of blogs to link each one of them
- Only after you have place a link on your site, email the owner of the site with a short friendly note. You can find the owner of the site from domaintools.com
- Praise something on their site. The praise should be genuine, not a fake one. If you can’t find something worth praising then delete that site from your list.
- Inform the owner that you have linked to their site. Provide the URL of the page where you have placed the link.
- Ask for a link back to your site. Suggest the page on your site where the link would be appropriate.
- If you do not get a reply for a long time, then try mailing or use phone.
- Keep an alphabetical order of the sites you have linked to in order to properly organize everything.
- Try getting a link from high rank pages to get more traffic. There are a number of tools available in the market in which you can get the page rank and search results of all the sites, for a particular key phrase.
- If you are extremely serious of getting links from a website, then you can opt for article swaps where opposite parties write articles for reverse sites.
- You can search in Google for link exchange websites which publish directories of website owners who actively exchange reciprocal links to one another.
- Find the sites that link to your competitors and try to link with them.
- You should make it clear on your website that you are open to exchange reciprocal links. You can do this by either using an automated script to exchange links or by explaining how webmasters can contact you to ask about exchanging reciprocal links with your site.
- The reason you want to make this clear is that more people are likely to ask for a reciprocal link if you state clearly that you are interested in exchanging links with other websites that you approve of.