Are you a Tours & Travels Business Owner looking for some solid online marketing solutions to grow your Tourism business online? Well, You have got to the right place.
An online website for tourism is a new form of travel product distribution where a supplier provides products and services mainly through internet to a group of customers. It provides a strong network of online technologies that helps in developing an environment of spontaneity and convenience. A customized website allows for focused marketing and sophisticated solutions as well as value-added services which provides higher user-awareness, accessibility and autonomy.This further provides several ways to build customer loyalty and long-term relationships that are all set to benefit the bottom line. It has offered tourists across the globe, it is a tool to express their needs such as seeking details on destinations, facilities, prices, tour packages,geography, climate information, etc. for diverse tourism products and services. It has made convenient for tourism offices to search for industry trends, size and nature of tourism flows, policies and plans for the developmental concerns.
Why Online Presence is Important For Your Business?
An online tours and travels website enables direct bookings, Business to Business and Business to Consumer trading among product marketers, travel agents, resellers and customers and electronic payments.
The internet enabled portals launched by various government as well as private organizations have offered a wide range of tourism products and services such as hotels, restaurants, adventure tours, airlines, and much more assortments of services. For all the above reasons, every tours and travels supplier should have an online website to enhance its business growth.
Elements to Achieve Online Presence Effectively:
Below points are the elements, that describes in details to grow your online tours and travels website.
A. An Online Tours & Travels Website
Find out the points how the online website works efficiently for your tourism business online.
1)Full Access – It allows you to be the only tour operator in your market by offering a full-service website that lets the touring traveler to manage their tour, starting from research through planning to booking. It acts as an online solution which you can access in a market anytime and anywhere that are affected by the challenges of distance and timezone.
2)Increased Visibility –You can have much increased visibility as it enables you to engage directly with travelers by delivering a more knowledgeable and personalized service to the traveler in their language and their currency.
3)Generate Revenue – It allows you to work with other tourism-related companies or agencies, selling your products under their brand, generating revenues out of previously inaccessible markets.
Content – It enhances the content using internet based tools like mapping, allowing the traveler to plan their holiday down to the finest detail. You can also offer the same content and tools to travel agents, improving the quality of itineraries they produce saving costs for you, improving their customer service and making them more successful at selling your products.
4)Online reservations –You are able to plan your trips and vacations and can make reservations quickly for a flight or hotel or a car. You can pay as well as get your confirmation numbers online. You can also get special deals offered by different online travel sites because they often provide exclusive discounted rates to sell to customers.
B. Website Features For a Perfect Tours and Travels Site
There are a numerous ways to build and maintain online presence and set up your tourism business online which are as follows :
I. Domain Name – Having a secure domain name for your business is the first and foremost step in building an online presence or a website. Once you have done this, you are one step ahead of those without one. You need to include an email address with your domain as having a professional email address means that both, your business as well as your brand are trust-worthy. It gives a level of confidence to the customers because email address has a direct relationship with your business. The email address should be professional and give a better first impression to the world.
II. Corporate Website –There should be a corporate website for a travel agency consisting of files that has specific elements like hotels and restaurants search results, various photo containers, and flights search results. The files should be 972 pixels wide. Make sure that your travel website loads quickly and is quite informative equipped with a blog, booking engine, payment facility and Google Maps plugin. It must be integrated into social media and should be attractive to search engines. It should be viewable on all screen sizes.
III. Website Logo –Your travel website should have a travel logo that draws customers in. The text in the online logo design should be bold and highly legible. This makes the name easier to read and looks more authoritative. The color scheme should be location-specific and should reflect the location being advertised. Make sure your logo is prominent on every page of your website and should link back to the homepage. It should not be boring and should make customers trust their vacation time to your company. It must be such that it builds your brand recognition which your company needs.
IV. Infographics –These are the graphic representations of data that not only educate and inform your visitors, but also are sharable and can go viral if they include useful information which your people would like to refer to. You need to include the HTML embed codes below the graphic so that people can get the best image quality whenever they post them on their site or blogs. You can use animations tools like CSS3 and HTML5, but in small amount.
V. Blogging Page –Blogging allows you to chronicle events in your life and share them with family and friends. While travellers often document their experiences through journals and photography, people want to hear the story of some mysterious place far away. There should be a plenty of rooms for photos and the images have to be wonderful. Travel blogs are very personal. Links are very important because people always prefer to click on the links in your blog posts and visit places including hotels, tour guides, etc. Be sure to make the links stand out.
VI. Return Policy – In case of a customer requesting the return of a product for any reason, the request for a return must be placed within seven days of the product being officially received. No item that has been altered or engraved will be accepted for return, whether prior to the order being placed or after it has been received. While some sites claim a 30-day return policy, returns of many items need a re-stocking fee. You should know the policy and read it carefully before buying any product. And if a store does not have its return policy posted anywhere on your site, people click on to the next website and never look back.
VII. Easy Checkout Process – The customers who create accounts should have the ability to save items to a wish list and share with others as well as edit their contact information and shipping addresses. Once logged in, they should be able to see their order status and history, be able to view recently ordered items and also be able to re-order the same. They should be able to checkout as a guest without saving their information into a database for faster shopping. They should also be allowed to ship their purchases to multiple addresses and add gift messages as well.
C. Achieve Top Positions In Google/SEO
Google, being the most powerful and popular search engine today, offers a lot of great resources as well for making your business searchable more easily.
C.1. Why Achieving Top Positions In Google/SEO Is So Important?
As a vast majority of website traffic comes from search engines, achieving top search engine positions becomes very important for your businesses. If you rank top in search engines, you can get a lot of free traffic to your business website. Your travel website gets visible to the whole world. Because so many people are using internet for searching the products and services they require before visiting the physical store, it has become essential for the business websites to gain top position in search engines like Google. It ranks a website on top which is most relevant to the keyword phrases entered by the user.
The increased traffic to your website leads to higher sales and profit of the company. Gaining top position in search engines guarantees conversion of thousands of visitors into travellers, increasing the clientele on your travel website. When your site gets more popular, you will find that there are plenty of other sites who will want to link with you. This strategy not only benefits your site but the site you are linking to as well. This can give your brand a high international profile for a comparatively low outlay. You will have increased sales of your products and services. Ranking at the top makes your website more accessible for people to index and categorize correctly, making searching for your services a whole lot easier.
C.2. How To Gain SEO Benefits For Tours & Travels Business?
Below are some points which describe exactly how you can achieve top positions in Google search engine ranking.
A) Organic SEO: Content Marketing Importance and Features
Effective content marketing strategies include:
- Strong Voice Content – In order to be most effective, you should carefully use your language to pre-qualify leads. Basically, you want to make sure that your blogs, guides, social media pages and everything else that goes in to your content strategy has a voice that reaches its desired audience.
- Driving Revenues – Content marketing can be considered as a journey with a destination in mind, be it driving revenues, increasing the number of your customers or selling a particular product and service, it helps you get right there.
- Social Media Campaigns – You can also effectively promote your content or blog across social media networks. If your content is more interesting or resourceful, it is more likely to be shared in social media sites.
- Email marketing – Email marketing is the most popular form of online content marketing which many businesses are using more than just a direct sales channel. It is an efficient and cost-effective way to provide valuable and relevant content to prospects and travelers.
- Generate Sales And Awareness – All marketing should be focused on generating sales, building awareness with advertising, publicity and networking, and developing a referral program with existing customers.
- Generate Attention – The idea behind it is to inspire business and loyalty from buyers by delivering consistent ongoing valuable information. This information can be presented in different formats like ebooks, infographics, white papers, news, Q & As, etc. On the web, it is used for gaining commercial advantage.
- Google listing –As a local business, acquiring a listing in Google places and other directories is a topmost priority. You need to include the appropriate search category in your Google Place listing and register your business as the second most important step in optimizing your page for local SEO. You can use the Google Places Dashboard to check local search analytics.
- Increase Visibility –Your business listing can show up in search results and help advertise your business where local customers are looking. You can get easily found by search engines and by people searching for information online.
- Submission to Leading Search Engines –While there are no restrictions to the quantity of the content to be included in the business directory, it submits your company’s business pages to the leading search engines that helps increase your website’s quality traffic flow.
- Improved ROI – Geo-targeting your keyword term helps your Google Maps SEO and lets you target the customers most likely to want your products and services, thereby, decreasing the amount of competition. This will result in improved ROI for your local SEO efforts.
- Relevant Keyword Research – Online local business listing is one tool that search engines use to determine your business’s relevance to a user’s search. For this reason, you need to start optimizing your local business listing by doing keyword research in order to understand what terms people are using to find local competitors.
- Targeting Competitor Keywords – When you create campaigns targeting competitor keywords with a simple ad making, you will be paying for less qualified traffic and when your competitor notices, he can drive up your costs dramatically by bidding just a little bit more themselves since they have a high quality score.
- Immediate Ranking –You can advertise the various events run by local businesses immediately by setting up a new pay per click marketing campaign and having that go live the same day. This provides benefits to your business from immediate and targeted advertising.
- Reduce Costs – It delivers traffic and new customers at the most cost-effective points available, from proven keyword expansion and bid management techniques to ad testing and landing page optimization.
- Ad Promotion – You are able to promote your ad to those who fall under specific demographics where you can narrow down a group of people who you feel should be visiting your company website.
- Quality Score – You can insert your ads on SERPs or on websites or blogs that relates to your keywords and pay only when somebody clicks on your ad and visits your website. The amount you paid depends on how much you have bid on the selected keyword. The higher bid is regarded as your Quality Score. A high Quality Score increases the chances of your ad getting displayed at the top of the ads display on the webpage.
- Content Ad Placements – Content network placement refers to websites that display PPC ads as blocks within their pages. Running the same ads on both networks could cost you money in terms of irrelevant placements. Although customizing takes more time and effort, it is far more better to tailor your keywords, ad copy and keyword bids for each network.
- Emotional Connections – It can help foster emotional connections by allowing the participants to create content for submission such as videos, photos, or slogans, etc. and to choose a winner among them. This encourages customer-brand interaction and helps stimulate conversations within related online communities.
- Hashtag Campaigns –Hashtags are a fantastic way of monitoring who is directly engaged with your brand and a way of tracking a topic or trend on social media. A user can click on words or phrases proceeded by the # sign to see what other users are saying about it. While popularized by Twitter, they can also be used on Google + and Instagram.
- Customer Reviews – More the number of reviews, faster the increase of your brand popularity and loyal visitors to your website. This is an easy way to access the real audience and build strong relationships with your chosen market.
- Increased Sales – Businesses can track revenues to social media activities. You can make your call-to-action contextually relevant and encourage your visitors to take action. You can give prospects and customers guidance for using your product and also demonstrate how customers can use them. If you include a shopping list linked to your product, even better.
- QR Codes– You can use QR Codes with your website or specific page links or telephone numbers embedded in them to drive healthcare consumers to your site. Through the use of these codes, you can make even your print and traditional activities social in nature.
- Balance Sales – You can promote your expertise and show off what you know about your area and educate them with interesting statistics. You can include links to your IDX Page for those who are looking for listings. Forum communication is one of the best ways to build a strong reputation and create trust.
- Mobile Marketing Campaigns – There are numerous methods that can be employed in order to integrate mobile marketing to maximize your local marketing efforts. You can create your own app, SMS/Text messaging campaigns and mobile coupons, utilize social media networks like FourSquare and Facebook, and combine TV and Radio advertising with mobile marketing, etc.
- Bounce Rate Reduction – Bounce rate refers to the percentage of people visiting your website through smartphones and mobile devices and not coming back for more because they do not find your website relevant to their search. As the website traffic through mobile devices is growing rapidly, there arises the need to optimize your mobile website.
- Text Marketing – It provides a simple way of communicating with constituents through their most accessible devices. The text message communication is effective, affordable and fast in increasing general awareness, promote an event or even share the latest news.
- Click To Call Buttons – Make it easy for customers to call you directly from your mobile site. Each mobile-friendly page should include the contact number predominantly displayed with east click-to-call access embedded in every page.
- CSS Format – You should provide your prospects with the mobile version of your site whenever they access your travel site through their mobile devices. This pulls up the CSS formatted version and sends them to a mobile-friendly version in your directory or sub-domain.
B) Local SEO: Business Listing Importance And Features
Local SEO helps you to capture the attention of your specifically targeted local markets by ranking better in the results page of search engines. As most customers perform searches to locate a reputable firm in their area, making your business popular in your local area is more profitable than promoting it globally.
You are able to effectively market your works and services among a wider audience in your local area, and thereby, achieve your business goals. Business listing is an excellent form of gaining local SEO and spreading information about your business. This helps your travel business be categorized by location type, activity and size. You can increase your business exposure as it brings more traffic to your site and can easily surpass your competitors to get found by search engines.
C) PPC: Marketing Importance And Features
PPC plays a very important role in promoting your travel business. Those who are implementing PPC management services should have a complete knowledge about bidding criteria regarding how to adjust cost per click and total budget on daily basis. The cost per click is the cost which you pay the PPC ad network such as Google AdWords to get a click on your ad that translates to one visitor to your travel website.
PPC is a type of sponsored online advertising which is used by a wide range of websites and search engines where the advertiser pays only if a web user clicks on their ad. The speed at which you get results, you are able to test your niche market as fast as possible. You can test which keywords get the best results for your kind of business, and then build your long term search engine optimization campaigns around those already proven keywords.
While there are a numerous features for having a perfect PPC campaign, here are a few essential ones :
D) Social Media Optimization: It’s Importance And Features
Social media optimization is an online marketing technique that helps increase the awareness of a product or brand by using a number of social media outlets and communities to generate viral publicity. Its goal is to drive traffic to your website by using RSS Feeds, social news and bookmarking sites, as well as social media sites and blogging sites. It boosts your search engine visibility, raises your link-ability, increases your user’s desire to consume, shares through social networking and commenting which has a great value for your brand development.
This is an efficient way of raising brand awareness and increasing lead generation by developing great content in the form of blogs, images, videos, and articles on the internet which can be shared with people using web-based sites. Businesses use this marketing strategy to build their brand recognition and drive unqualified prospects to your landing pages, blogs, websites and microsites. It is a leading source of website traffic and offers the audience a reason to click through and visit your site.
There are a number of essential features associated with the social media optimization to be successful :
E) Mobile SEO Importance And Features:
A mobile website will help real estate companies keep current clients satisfied and happy, while attracting and generating new leads. It allows for a more positive experience for both developers and users. The mobile optimized sites can reward developers with higher rankings if they offer a positive smartphone experience, do not deliver page errors, lengthy loading times or irrelevant redirects.
It makes it easier for the search engines to crawl for your website without going through transcoding which would distort the look of your website. You can keep your visitors engaged on your website with a compatible layout. The design of your site should be compatible to small gadgets like smartphones and mobiles. This way the visitors on your site can view your page with ease.
Here are some successful Mobile SEO features for gaining better search engine optimization :
F) Inbount Marketing For Tours & Travel Business
Inbound marketing for tours and travels is about creating and providing relevant, useful and informative content for travel websites so that your target customer can find you and buy your products. You are also able to increase the number of your customers by actively responding to the discussions in social media networks and encouraging your happy customers to share their experience with your business.
To generate leads using inbound marketing, you publish your content online for search engines to pick it up. By gaining knowledge about your visitors and leads, as well as by developing a strong relationship with them, the real estate companies can achieve great success in the inbound marketing process.The more human your business is, the better your audience can relate to you more. Email marketing allows you to maintain correspondence with your subscribers so that they have a consistent reminder of what is going on with your business. You can utilize your online presence to keep your business stick to your audience’s mind, regardless of whether they are prospects, leads or existing customers.
How Can Fedobe Help Your Business?
Fedobe is leading web design company that provides best in class web services including web application development and online booking system. Our web services include custom website design, travel portal development, hotel reservation system, online booking engine, hotel booking system and search engine optimization.
We work as partner with clients to conceptualize and realize website design, web application development, web portal development, and other technology driven business transformation initiatives. Fedobe has created a special niche in travel technology and possess expertise in development in booking engines, XML integration and travel content management systems. Our clients are from industry verticals like multimedia and games, travel and tourism, IT solutions and consultancy organizations, corporates, NGOs, E-learning, etc. The main advantage of our travel website designing service is that based on location we have low overhead cost and these translate into cost saving for our travel website owners. Our travel website development staff welcomes the chance to exchange some emails and are anxious to learn how we might best help you and your travel industries business.