Are you an Information Technology Business Owner looking for some solid online marketing solutions to grow your information technology business online? Well, you have got to the right place.
Information Technology is defined as the design, development, implementation and management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware. India has emerged as the fastest growing IT hub in the world. When it comes to IT services, the world is coming to India. This industry helps people understand how information systems are used to help an organization meet their goals. They can now gain a good knowledge of techniques to solve various problems such as bottom-up synthetic, top-down analytical, and iterative approaches. They can have a deep insight in to the types of data used in information systems and the structure, formats and conventions of data.
The industry makes people aware about all the capabilities and characteristics of hardware, including storage units, operating systems, and much more. It helps you understand how to secure your data using single key encryption, public key encryption, and stegnography effectively. Besides this, it makes you learn how to access to data using authentication and identification methods, backup methods and password procedures, while making you more aware of biometrics and its limitations simultaneously. Thus, it makes your life simpler by enabling faster communication, providing tools for more effective work, and giving you access to vast information with the click of a mouse.
Why Online Presence is Important For Your Business?
Computer world is the leading source of technology news and information for The IT industry through its online presence, its publication and conference series. Establishing a presence online is a sign of professionalism. People are able to communicate with you through the platforms they already use by being visible in search results. This is beneficial significantly for establishing your company’s image and reputation as it provides a level of protection from attacks on your brand reputation.Online profiles and social media provide signals that help websites rank higher and as your claimed profiles and social media pages appear higher in search results, it makes it harder for negative influences to appear whenever someone looks up for your service.
Having an online presence expands your reach from local to global and you can reach out to billions of people across the world. It helps a company or organization to retain its existing customers and clients, and generate new ones as well. It saves a lot of time and money spent on traditional methods of promotion. You can gain information that would help you boost your business and make a survey on your niche market. It improves your business standards and sets a benchmark for other people to follow by increasing the amount of customers, potential sales and promotion for your business.
Elements to Achieve Online Presence Effectively:
Below are the elements of online marketing guide for information technology industries that described in details regarding how exactly can you grow your Information Technology Industry business online.
A. An online Website for Information Technology
There are many advantages to having a professional business website for your IT company. This makes your potential customers who are searching for your products and services convenient to find your business through search engines. It allows your customers to go online and research your products and services form the ease and comfort of their home and office. By having such a website, you are able to add credibility to your business ad shows potential customers that you are current on the latest technology and are serious about providing the best services to them. You are able to keep up with the latest innovations in the field and keep your customers informed continuously. This can make your customers trust your business for bringing them the best services on the market. This will make you stay ahead and keep up with your competition.
A1. Why Do You Need An Online IT Web Shop?
Before creating your IT company based website, you need to understand why it is important for you and your business.
1) Open All The Time –You can keep your company open all the time where people can come in and review your products and services at their convenience. If your website is automated enough, it allows people to do business with you and make your business and company run smoothly without having to put extra efforts.
2) Cheap Advertising – You can include your URL while publishing your advertisement so that the information which you were not able to include in the advertisement can be viewed easily on your website. You can also run advertisements directly on your website once your online traffic has gained momentum.
3) Increase Profits – The website can dramatically increase the number of customers who find your products and services by expanding your customer base from local to global. It allows you to reach more customers and respond quickly to any changes to the market.
4) Expand Customer Base – You are able to expand your business to the new markets, far beyond the local customer base which you used to reach with yellow pages or the print ads. You can also host a forum where your clients and customers can leave a feedback and exchange ideas regarding your service.
5) Visual Representation – All the information pertaining to your business can be put on your website so that your prospective customers and clients can view them at their convenience and without you having been present there to explain certain things.
6) Competitive Advantage – A website enables you to stay ahead and keep up with your competition. If your competition is online, they are able to find all of your customers searching for your products and services in your industry. So, if you are not online, you are missing out all opportunities to them.
A 2. Website Elements Of A Perfect Online Information Technology
Here are all the features that make your Information Technology website more user-friendly.
I) Business Logo –The business logo should always stand out alongside your business name in any marketing strategy. It should have a good recall potential so that whenever a person sees your logo, he can associate with it immediately to your products and services that you offer. It speaks a lot about your business and its personality. The logo in your physical store should be the same in your website so as to avoid confusion about your market and your loyal clients. Your logo not only stands for the products and services you offer, but also identifies your prime presence in the realm of the industry you belong to.
II) Homepage – The homepage of your website refers to the page where most people land first when they come to your website. This page should contain an overview of all the information about your business on your website with links provided to other pages. Now you can come up with homepages having slick image sliders, blog sections, and page excerpts, etc. , including the various themes offered by WordPress. You can configure the homepage to look attractive depending upon the theme you have chosen and can use the homepage to highlight your achievements. This page is used to entice visitors to visit other sections of your website by being a showcase to every other page in your website.
III) Testimonial Page – Testimonials help build a personal trust between your customers and your business as they present a person’s experience regarding the products and services. People read the testimonial and give their confirmation for the concerned products and services. These include positive testimonials from happy customers or clients that are helpful in giving a boost to your conversions.
IV) Call-To-Action Button – Make sure to include a call-to-action button on your homepage and try to make it an easy-to-find place on your homepage. It can tell them where to go for more information. You can also use text highlights, a pointing arrow and even special buttons and give it a non-verbal feature. You can also contrast the Call-to-action button colors with the rest of the site and always use a strong command on the button to be clicked. Your website can have your CTA above the fold, including a scroll down button to avoid making people scroll all the way back up.
V) Sitemaps – A sitemap is a navigational tool that lists the webpages of a website that is used by search engines and visitors to search for pages within the website. They are organized in a hierarchical manner and provide indexing information for search engine bots. XMl sitemaps help identify and list the URLs of a website that allow large and dynamic websites built-in Flash and other non-HTML languages to be indexed by search engines. HTML sitemaps have bulleted list of the website pages with anchor text links to them which acts as an aid for search engine indexing while using relevant keywords for the anchor text links.
VI) Easy Navigation – Website navigation is the pathway followed by people to navigate through sites. If the navigation is not easy to use, the users are more likely to quickly go elsewhere in search of information. It should be well-constructed and intuitive. Left navigation is very popular because it responds to user behavior. If you desire to include graphics in the header of the page, the navigation bar should be located below the graphics and not above it.
VII) Contact Page –Your website should have an easy access to your contact information. The email form should be easy to access from any page of your website. Although, you can do this via a simple form or including your email address and phone number on your contact page. Some websites include a map to their location. You can also protect your website from robots and spammers by producing a secure form and performing a captcha verification on your website. The more you can do to make your site seem human, the better amount of traffic your site can get.
B. Achieve Top Positions In Google/SEO:
Google, being the most powerful and popular search engine today, offers a lot of great resources as well for making your business searchable more easily.
B.1. Why Achieving Top Position in Google/SEO is So Important?
Google has become the most considerable means for people to get the desired information and hence, has become so prominent in online marketing business. It provides an effective way of bringing your website to the potential clients. As Google is the biggest search engine which the businesses as well as the people adore to visit and use, you will have better online reputation for your business and get comparatively higher return on investment and high volume of potential clients by ranking on top results page in Google. It generates a perpetual continuous flow of quality leads, taking full advantage of the economies of scale. It increases the brand, impotence and popularity of your website by providing more traffic to your website and giving you the chance to sell your products and services to a large market as well as improving your lead generation opportunities.
Gaining top positions is extremely necessary in order to get success for your business. It becomes easy for every website owner to make his website stand out among competitors by getting ranked on the top of major search engines. This helps make sure that your business has a good reputation and makes the website accessible to people who are looking for the same kind of products and services. As people trust those websites that are more popular and ahead of their competitors, this can take your business to a higher level, making your business spread all over the world.
B. 2. How To Gain SEO Benefits For IT Industry
To popularize your beauty business you need to be active in SEO process and must be aware of all upcoming strategies.
A. Organic SEO: Content Marketing Importance And Features
Content Marketing is all about providing additional value to a customer by giving all the necessary information required for them to make an informed decision. The purchasing decisions made by customers are highly influenced by the information that they come across on the internet. It is the perfect way to promote your brand subtly while providing valuable information to people. It improves people’s knowledge about products and brands, allowing them to make effective comparisons and informed purchases. This helps brands maintain their reputations.
It provides incredible power against false and exaggerated claims by disgruntled customers and employees. Through content marketing, your company can respond to negative claims as well. Publishing original content and inserting keywords naturally allows search engines to index your website and helps boost your site’s ranking for certain keywords. It is cost-effective and can lower the marketing budget of your company, thus, making their marketing efforts much more effective. By creating insightful content and publishing it through the right channels, you can establish yourself as an authority and your company as an expert source of information in the industry.
Effective content marketing strategies include:
- User Feedbacks–People trust honest reviews and opinions from existing clients and customers. Endorsements from family members and friends greatly influence the purchasing decisions of the customers. So, you should use positive feedbacks to publish on your products’ webpage and on your social media pages, and negative feedbacks to improve your products.
- User Generated Content – While creating content, show how your products and services have changed the lives of your existing customers and also ask customers to send in their stories about how they benefited using your products.
- Visual Content – Adding attractive images of the products to your content and publishing them is an effective method to drive qualified customers to your site. You can also create video tutorials and show customers how to use your products perfectly. Charts, graphs and infographics can also be included to describe your company’s progress and also share them in social media pages.
- Customer Engagement – You should encourage customers to leave their comments and feedbacks on your website and social media pages and always respond to them in an intelligent manner.
- Downloadable Content – In order to make your content as memorable as possible, you should offer downloadable content for customers and visitors. These include Ebooks, quizzes, manuals, brochures, etc. and should be offered free of cost on your website.
B. Local SEO: Business Listing Importance And Features
There are many advantages of having your company or business listed in a business directory. You can get exposure to new potential clients and an assurance of quality for your customers. It is a cost-effective way of communicating your brand or company message online. Subscribing to business listings allows you to include your links to your website as well as email on your listing page. You can now feature any deals and promotions that you want to and even can change it as often as you like, and stand out in the crowd. Local business listings allow users to search broad terms and come up with the results page with listings specific to their area. You can grab the attention of potential new customers by including your business information, price ranges, payment methods, and customer reviews that have the ability to influence the decisions of the customers to patronize your business.
Different business listing strategies involve:
- Long-Tail Keywords – Such keywords can be used in the title of your business profile and in the business description on your local listing profiles. You need to perform a considerable amount of keyword research in order to determine which long-tail keywords to use as a part of your local listing description.
- Reduced Costs – It helps reduce the overall costs of capital and gives your company a more solid standing and helps to spread the ownership when the company grows. It adds value to the company by enhancing its brand name.
- Links To Your Site – Getting significant local websites to link to your site will help you rank well in your area with the search engines. You can begin by getting listed in the local chamber of commerce website or the similar ones that provide big benefits.
- Dedicated Landing Pages –While different locations of your business should have separate landing pages, you need not create more than one targeted listing for a single business. Dedicated landing pages ensure that people searching for you will come to know exactly who you are and where you are that makes a real difference.
- Right Business Categories – Google Places provides you the option to list your business or organization under five different categories. You can choose the right category if you want your listing to be relevant and reach your intended target audience whenever they search for the same.
- Link Popularity – Search engines fine sites by traveling through links. The more sites that link to you, the more important the search engines believe your content to be. By submitting to online directories, you can get many important sites to link to your site, exchange links with business partners and industry-related sites, or participate in link building.
- Google Maps – Users can search either by product or services or by location. It presents them with a detailed display of businesses whose products and services are relevant to their search criteria. The Google map location will show the address of each business in the results pages in their locality.
C. PPC Marketing Importance And Features
PPC marketing is an effective technique to make your business appear on Google. It is a great way to expose your company and products to customers. Your results can be tracked, and if your budget is big enough, you can rank high with any keyword which is related to your products and services. The speed at which you get results, you can test your niche market as fast as possible. You can test which keywords get the best results for your kind of organization, and then build your long term search engine optimization campaigns around those already proven keywords. If your business does not have strong search engine visibility, running a PPC campaign is the easiest and fastest way to get instant search engine exposure. You can drive traffic to your website immediately through these campaigns. PPC ads for websites offer a good return on investment when done properly. As a result, online shopping continues to rise and an online store that uses a well-researched and designed PPC campaign experiences an increase in traffic and conversions to sales.
Effective PPC marketing strategies include:
- A/B Testing – It can be used to test headlines and offers, and run separate headlines called A/B Testing or Split Testing or offers and see which offer gets the best response before committing a large portion of your advertising budget.
- Keyword Your URL – Include your keyword in your URL and register your .com address as close to what you are doing as possible. Make sure you have a specific landing page. This adds credibility to your website as your potential customers will look over your ad and thus, increase your Click Through Rate (CTR).
- Irresistible Offers – You can add value to your customers by making exciting offers to your visitors that compels them to fill the form and sign up for your service. Draw in more customers to click on your ad and visit your website and encourage them to act.
- Maximum ROI – It is easy to manage costs, track conversions and determine your ROI as you pay for PPC only when an ad is clicked. The cost-per-conversions are regarded worthwhile when data is reported accurately and correctly and the campaign results can be tracked extensively while comparing your PPC campaign ROI against other marketing techniques.
- Bid Management – This determines how much you should pay for each click you receive via PPC. How much your website can afford to pay for each click largely depends on how much profit you earn when a visitor takes the target action you seek.
- Content Ad Placements – Content network placement refers to websites that display PPC ads as blocks within their pages. Running the same ads o both networks could cost you money in terms of irrelevant placements. Although customizing takes more time and effort, it is far more better to tailor your keywords, ad copy and keyword bids for each network.
D. Social Media Optimization Importance And Features
A social networking site is an online platform that focuses on building social relations among people along with sharing their interests and activities at the same time. Social media optimization is an online marketing technique that helps increase the awareness of a product or brand by using a number of social media outlets and communities to generate viral publicity. Your brand, by executing a successful social media strategy, will be able to tap into new markets, perfect your messaging and take your social strategy places you have not even expected. It enables you to plan accordingly and elevate your company’s social presence worldwide. Social media campaigns help reach out to targeted lead generation, making it easier and more flexible for companies to engage with its customers. When you promote your products through social media channels, you get an opportunity to increase your return on investment (ROI). This again helps you in increasing your conversion rate and gain benefit from a desirable ROI. It can help you in link popularity, fast search engine indexing, faster crawler rate, good number of backlinks, and inbound as well as outbound traffic, etc.
Social Media strategies include:
- Seminars And Conferences – Social media is a unique opportunity for brands to have an open dialogue with their customers. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you research best practices, take seminars and training, attend conferences and read books on social media marketing before you rush out to share your message with the world.
- Use Hashtags – Hashtags are invaluable for finding users with common interests and a great way to interact with your niche target market. You can use relevant hashtags while tweeting content in order to increase the chances of being picked up. By popularizing certain hashtags that describe your business, you can create a new community based on that hashtag.
- Geo-Targeted Keywords – You can also add local keywords in content areas specifically about your business, special offers or event listings because most of your target customers look for a business within a specific geographic area. Therefore, it is important to include geographic markers in your descriptions.
- QR Codes– You can use QR Codes with your website or specific page links or telephone numbers embedded in them to drive healthcare consumers to your site. Through the use of these codes, you can make even your print and traditional activities social in nature.
- Track Competitors – You can keep a close eye on your competitors by providing valuable data for keyword research and other social media marketing insight. Follow the social media marketing techniques which your competitors are using, but in a better way.
- Emotional Connections – It can help foster emotional connections by allowing the participants to create content for submission such as videos, photos, or slogans, etc. and to choose a winner among them. This encourages customer-brand interaction and helps stimulate conversations within related online communities.
C. Mobile SEO Importance And Features
The mobile marketing strategies have been revolutionized with the significantly increasing mobile internet users today. This is the only reason why optimizing websites for mobile browsers are taking the center stage now days. All businesses need to realize that more and more consumers are using their mobile device more to search when they are actually in a mood to shop. What people want these days is transparency and that they are doing business with real people. It makes it easier for the search engines to crawl for your website without going through transcoding which would distort the look of your website. You can keep your visitors engaged on your website with a compatible layout. The design of your site should be compatible to small gadgets like smartphones and mobiles. This way the visitors on your site can view your page with ease.
Some effective mobile SEO techniques for your IT business include:
- Know Mobile Audience – Understanding your mobile audience will help develop more relevant messaging which will lead to higher engagement rates and conversions. You can also determine which pages and content are being visited from a mobile device by using social media tools with measurement functionality and Google Analytics.
- Mobile Formatted CSS – When someone accesses your site via mobile devices, you need to provide them with the mobile version of your site. This pulls up the CSS formatted version or sends them to a mobile-friendly version in your directory or sub-domain.
- URL and HTML –One URL makes it easier for the users to interact with and for Google’s link algorithms to work with. Using one URL and same HTML makes it easier on crawl efficiency so that Google can better crawl more of your site.
- Relevant Keywords – You can use relevant keywords in your mobile site content, headings, image alt tags, page meta titles, and keyword links. You need to follow basic on-page optimization best practices on mobile sites and keep meta titles short.
- Valid XHTML Coding – Mobile search engines have more trouble in parsing the webpage if it is having invalid code. So you can validate the webpage through W3C validator, reducing the risk of your website not loading at the right time. WML is the specific language for mobile users whereas XHTML is more usable.
- Mobile Marketing – There are numerous methods that can be employed in order to integrate mobile marketing to maximize your local marketing efforts. You can create your own app, SMS/Text messaging campaigns and mobile coupons, utilize social media networks like FourSquare and Facebook, and combine TV and Radio advertising with mobile marketing, etc.
D. Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is a marketing technique that focuses on getting found by customers by providing you with interesting and useful information in the form of blogs, webinars or podcasts, white papers, infographics, etc. The power of inbound marketing lies not only in attracting traffic and audiences, but also in drawing in the right audiences, students and families who are a good fit for your institution. When your company’s digital content is fresh and timely, you get discovered by new audiences and shared through social media.
Email marketing allows you to maintain correspondence with your subscribers so that they have a consistent reminder of what is going on with your business. You can utilize your online presence to keep your business stick to your audience’s mind, regardless of whether they are prospects, leads or existing customers. Create great content that people will want to share. The more people who link to you, the more qualified you rank in search engines. Having an inbound marketing strategy is a key to your success in business.
How Can Fedobe Help Your Business?
Fedobe is a team of creative designers and web developers specializing in the creation of online businesses. Our services enable companies to reduce time to market, get closer to customers and achieve long-term profitable growth. We leverage the best technologies from J2EE to .NET, PHP in order to develop the best solutions for our clients, while minimizing the time and cost involved. We are well-versed and experienced in developing customized e-commerce solutions using state of the art technologies like .net Framework, Smarty Templates, etc. Our web designs are W3C validated and our corporate working system and professional approach separates us from other web design companies.
Our specialization lies in offering end-to-end solutions for all your web-related requirements which include Database Driven Website Development, E-commerce website development, Internet Application Development, and much more. We carefully access all your needs to deliver innovative and creative solutions, be it a personal website or a large portal, ensuring that you will be satisfied with the end-product.