Mostly comes into play when you are using text ads. Give ads some distinguishable colors, when you want to contrast them. At other times, use the same as of the website and the content. Choosing different designs will make you choose different color patterns for website. If you are not able to decide your AdSense color combination, then go for the default AdSense color palette which is also considerably well. Change your AdSense color if you don’t like the default settings. But maintain a visual continuity in your web page.
Here are some of the angles which you need to cover before using color in your ads.
- It is recommended to blend your ads well within your website. Therefore use the color scheme and style of your website in your ads.
- Try not to use any kind of margins. Ads without background color and margin work better than colored ads.
- Create a Custom AdSense palette:
- Border color = background color of website.
- Background color of ads = background color of website.
- Link color should be blue, for all links.
- URL color = # 99999.
- Text color = #33333.
- Regular visitor may generate ad-blindness to your ads. To avoid this, rotate colors of your ads so that ads grab their attention each time they visit your site.
- Do not use offensive colors much often as it may annoy visitors.
- Use ColorZilla, a plug-in of Firefox to find the perfect color code for your advertisements in AdSense.
- In case you choose complementing as your design technique, choose colors that will complement to your website color. Just provide a slight hint to visitors about the ads.
- In case you want to contrast your design, choose subtle colors to stand out your ads. Some publishers may go for contrasting as this easily attracts the attention of visitors. But do not use jazzy colors for your ads.
- Use colors that maintain the look and feel of your site. If not done well, your site will look like a color trash bin.
- Give proper space to the ads while contrasting them. This will completely separate them for visitors.
Colors can really create a lot of effect on click through rate. Higher CTR will result in higher earning and this is what AdSense is all about.
Generate AdSense revenue with our ultimate guide on how to make money with AdSense. This guide provides you all the exclusive strategies and tactics that will help you to boost your AdSense earnings