Google Mail, popularly known as Gmail, is the undisputed champion of web-based emailing services. It is so popular that it can be resembled as “My Computer” in your computer. But do these following questions frighten you. “Do you rely on Gmail?” ”What if someday, out of the blue, you login in to your Gmail account and it’s not opening?” Lots of questions might arise in your mind right now. Will this happen? Can it happen? Why should it happen? Well let me tell you one thing “It had happened, once”. Around 40,000 Gmail accounts were deleted once because of a system failure in Google. Check if you don’t believe. All the emails, documents, files and spread sheets….gone. So I would recommend you to create a backup for gmail account in order to prevent yourself from such catastrophe.
Two ways to create a Backup for Gmail account are shown here. Follow them and take a sigh of relief.
1 Gmail backup
Gmail Backup is an online software which can create backup for Gmail account holders. With this software, your entire contents of the Gmail accounts, including attachments, will be copied on your hard drive in a local folder created by you. Simplest of the simple process to create backup for Gmail account. It is as simple as logging into a Gmail account. The installer version which is Gmail Backup 0.44 is very small in size 4.4 MB and can be downloaded. This software is compatible with most of the operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac. Click here to download the installer version 0.44.
Here are the simple steps for you to have a Backup for Gmail Account.
Fill in the boxes which asks for your Gmail login id , password ,specification of backup folder in which you want to save all the files, and the time gap for which you want to save.
Messages can be read through Outlook Express or other similar email programs. Attachments are also downloaded in this folder.
Here you can see that the files are downloaded in the same folder which was specified before.
A special provision is provided in this software. You can also restore your local emails from your hard drive into your Gmail account. So now you can restore and create a backup for Gmail with the same software.
2. You can also manually create a backup for Gmail account
- Go into the “Documents and Spreadsheets” section of Gmail. The home for this section of Gmail will display the contents of your edited spreadsheets and documents.
- Each document or spreadsheet will have a box next to the file name. The documents and files for which you want to create a back up for Gmail should be marked.
- Open the document or spreadsheet. Click on the document or spreadsheets’ file name.
- Pull out the “File” menu. Click on “Save As” section. First select the file type for your files and documents and then click
You will have to select/create a file or a directory in your hard drive where all the backup contents will remain. Finally confirm the download in your computer.