Are you a non-profit organization owner looking for some solid online marketing solutions to grow your non-profit organization online? Well, you have got to the right place.
Non-profit organizations are those organizations that do not work for profit, but are rather involved in different charitable activities like raising funds through contributions and donations that are hard to generate and receive. These range from neighborhood-based associations to nation-based charities and foundations. Their relationship to existing governmental units range from cooperative to competitive and adversarial. They keep looking for the areas of social welfare that has not been fully attended and provide services to the entire community. In other words, a group of person dedicated to help people in need by organizing and improving their lives has been termed as a non-profit organization.
These organizations are more aggressive and efficient in their performance as they involve experienced as well as dedicated people for the purpose. They are looked up respectfully by the State and General Public, and for this reason, they receive maximum cooperation from all sectors. They are not as free as profitable organizations in their agenda, and are subject to strict supervision of IRS coding and other laws. Non-profits that are seeking to establish businesses need to ensure that everyone in their organization and on their board of directors are strategic thinkers, and therefore, they can provide maximum value and a competitive advantage to your organization.
Why Online Presence is Important For Your Organization?
Online presence provides a great opportunity to make a business or an organization reach out to the public and spread its message without using too many resources. If you run a non-profit organization or are into charity, you should have an online presence because non-profits often have to work with a limited budget. Taking your presence online allows you to reach a greater audience without any large expenses. It helps you promote your brand and upcoming events, as well as encourage donations. Every generation can be reached through online presence. It helps build trust and loyalty form your supporters as it not only allows your organization to be more accessible, but also gives the community the ability to share their feedbacks and opinions in a public forum. You are able to reach more people, acquire new contacts and connect with supporters with much less effort. You can also empower your influential supporters to promote your organization by distributing your message through their social networks as social media helps foster connections between people in the non-profit sector, enabling them to work together informally across boundaries and opening up endless possibilities for collaboration.
Elements To Achieve Online Presence Effectively:
Below are the elements described in details regarding how exactly can you grow your Non-Profit Organization business online.
A. An Online Non-Profit Website
A website acts as a capacity building tool that can help your non-profit organization fulfill its mission more effectively. It can help you raise more money, connect with new donors, recruit more volunteers and gain more recognition for the works and services you are carrying out. As a result, this can help you establish your authority within your niche and make you stand out as a leader. By having a strong website for your non-profit, you are able to share the history of your organization, its mission statement, and why as well as how it was founded. You can attract new members and raise funds with an online auction as auctions are one of the most successful and popular ways to make money. Besides these, there are a numerous other benefits of having an attractive and dynamic website for your organization like selling tickets to online events, telling success stories, publishing an online newsletter, featuring current projects, etc.
An online website for your non-profit organization works in the following ways:
- Online Donations –Donating online is easy and quick. This helps you capture impulse donors who were moved by your organization. You are also more likely to capture people who want to support your organization, but just do not want to go through a long donation process.
- Recurring Gifts – It makes convenient for online donors to give on a recurring basis and in turn, bring more money to your organization. Automatic recurring donations can save you a lot of valuable time for your members as they will no longer need to send out reminders or remember to enter donations manually on a recurring basis.
- Testimonials –Testimonials allow every average visitor to easily become a vocal advocate for your organization. You can place a rotating testimonial feed in the sidebar of your website or can have a section in your site dedicated to stories told by supporters. You should place a link after each testimonial and story so that people can submit the same easily.
- Consistent Email Blasts – You can consistently update your email subscribers about your organization’s activities and make sure not to send out too many updates in order to avoid your organization reaching out to people as spam.
B. Website Features For Non-Profit Organization:
Below are the website necessary features, you need to keep in your non-profit organizational website to include all of your business functionalities.
1. Compelling Imagery – This is an essential part to consider while creating non-profit websites. By including infographics in your website, you can visually show all types of content, from campaign progress to mission fulfillment. They should be attractive and engaging which makes your imagery successful on any website. This allows you to make a personal connection with your supporters, as well as trust and emotional engagement for fulfilling your mission. You can share stories of how others are affected by your work and your mission will build credibility and encourage empathy.
2. Blogs – As non-profits have a lot of stories to tell, blogs are a great way of doing just that. While they can be written by volunteers and board members within the organization, they can be more interesting when written by people who have been impacted by the non-profit. You can include videos in your blogging as these are a powerful way to tell your story. Posting video interviews on your website can help donors understand how their funding helps make the world a better place.It needs to be regularly updated with fresh contents in order to motivate your audience to take action and keep them coming back for more.
4. Call-To-Action – Make sure your audience is motivated to take action by providing them with direct and clear call-to-action. You should consider using active words and languages such as “Contact” or Sign-up” rather than “newsletters” and “Donations”. These words are compelling that shows how their action impacts your mission. You should build your website such that it should take people directly to the donation form page and make sure that if someone clicks “Donate Now”, they should not land on another webpage with all the ways they can give. This page must load faster and appear consistent across browsers and devices and urge your supporters to take an immediate action.
5.Contact Details – If people are interested in your services and find your kind of work more interesting, they will want to work with you. They will want to get in touch with you through a simple contact page. Therefore, you need to provide more than one method of contact for your supporters. These are tax deductible expenses that will make you look much more professional and will offer an additional sign of stability.
C. Achieve Top Position On Google/SEO
Google, being the most powerful and popular search engine today, offers a lot of great resources as well for making your business searchable more easily.
C.1. Why achieving top positions in Google/SEO is so important?
Getting your website on top of major search engine results page is a viable way to gain traffic for your business website that you need to promote your products and services. This will contribute in producing major revenue and profits for your business and thus, help in your website promotion. You can get your website visible to the whole world and accessible to people who are looking for your kind of works and services. It can also broaden the range of your company promotion as well as globalization. This will take your organization to a higher level and spread all over the world as because people trust those websites that are ahead of their competitors and are popular. This can gain your organization a high international profile for a comparatively low outlay. Since the need to give every business a boost arises out of sheer competition in every line of business, it is important that your business gets the topmost position in search engines or in Google which is the most powerful and popular search engine today.
C.2. How To Gain SEO Benefits For Non-Profit Organizations
Earn great reputation for your non-profit organization business with Organic SEO strategies to beat current competitive world.
D. Content Marketing Importance And Features
Content marketing is the creation and sharing of educational and informative content for the purpose of attracting and engaging as well as influencing your audience positively. These include blogs, website copy, ebooks, etc. It acts as the voice of your brand and is an incredibly effective strategy for building your organization online.
It helps non-profit organizations to drive traffic by choosing the right keywords to incorporate into your blog posts and website copy which will help your site attract a more relevant audience. It can also help your non-profit retain members and makes them feel closer to the sponsoring company. Posting frequently provides plenty of original and fresh content to be indexed by search engines that allows you to engage and educate your target audience by receiving and replying to comments on a new channel of communication between you and your supporters. Posting valuable content on a regular basis, people will be encouraged to remain as a loyal and returning subscriber.
Effective content marketing strategies are:
- Whitepapers –These are documents that identify a particular problem and offer smart solutions. You can make these available to download on your non-profit’s websites and blogs and build an online form to capture the contact information of your leads.
- Ebooks – These include a title page, table of contents and multiple chapters that share valuable educational information on a particular topic. Making these easier for your supporters to download is an effective way of earning sales leads.
- Publish On Time – Your great content should be published on time. It should be well-organized, detail oriented and capable of providing lots of information and deadlines. You can also write a great newsletter article or design a mind-blowing share graphic for Facebook and implement a strong multi-channel, integrated marketing strategy where your content is planned, produced and published on time.
- Website Copy – You can write website copy that narrates the story of your organization, leading visitors to your calls to action. Incorporate keywords that define your organization and describe what you do. Telling stories is very effective for charitable non-profits as they provide a moving account of how donations to the Ministry benefit to those less fortunate.
- Guest Bloggers –When the supporters are given a chance to be a guest blogger, they produce original content and get involved in a new way. This helps build a strong relationship with the supporters and results in increased engagement with the content.
E. Local SEO: Business Listing Importance And Features
As potential customers in your local area are the best source of continued sales over time, by listing your business online and by having correct business information wherever searchers might look, you can make more people find your business and possibly convert them into customers.
You can make your business profile stand out with all business description, images of your boutique and its products, and other useful information about your business. Increase your visibility, get more new customers and completely dominate your local market with a top ranked business listing on the front page of Google. With the local SEO, now anyone can put his business on the top of Google’s search results and generate unstoppable new business by getting found easily by potential customers. It can improve business sales, provide higher conversion rates and maximum return on investment (ROI).
- Google Listing – As a local business, acquiring a listing in Google places and other directories is a topmost priority. You need to include the appropriate search category in your Google Place listing and register your business as the second most important step in optimizing your page for local SEO. You can use the Google Places Dashboard to check local search analytics.
- Increased Publicity – Listing your business in a business directory results in a good amount of publicity, from people visiting the business directories themselves to via search engines. It is an excellent form of marketing and spreading information about your business.
- Submission To Leading Search Engines –While there are no restrictions to the quantity of the content to be included in the business directory, it submits your company’s business pages to the leading search engines that helps increase your website’s quality traffic flow.
- Link Popularity – Search engines fine sites by traveling through links. The more sites that link to you, the more important the search engines believe your content to be. By submitting to online directories, you can get many important sites to link to your site, exchange links with business partners and industry-related sites, or participate in link building.
- Keyword Research – Search engines determine your organization’s relevancy to a user’s search by optimizing your local business listing that involves keyword research for sorting out which of the terms are being used by people to find local competitors.
- Yahoo! Basic Listing – Listing your organization on Yahoo! Increases visibility to new donors and supporters and stand out from the competition with profiles in top online directories. You can provide your organization’s contact information, address, URL, etc. and have control over how customers can view your organization’s information online.
F. PPC Marketing Importance And Features
PPC Marketing is one of the most effective ways for online businesses or organizations to acquire a great deal of promotion. This is a powerful resource to maximize your return on investment (ROI) and generate immediate cash flow. It is the best alternative that more and more nonprofits depend on for increasing sales.
This leads to immediate simultaneous exposure of your ads to millions of viewers worldwide. It allows you to create a campaign strategy to target specific groups and individuals who already are ready to work with you. It can give your online organization the competitive edge and you can increase your customer base and create long-term relationships by providing personalized service and by catering to their needs.
The major PPC Marketing strategies include:
- Absolute Control Over Campaigns –You are able to identify and revise easily poorly performing ads and adjust your budget in the light of the results achieved. This complete control over your advertising campaign allows you to respond to problems and optimize performance regularly.
- Pay For Performance Only – This allows advertisements to be delivered only in certain geographical locations and only on sites with related content. As a result, you are flooded with targeted and high-quality traffic to your site, leading to a high conversion of browsers to buyers.
- Cost Per Clicks – The ads are displayed after an auction occurs behind the scenes which cause the price of each click to fluctuate. The average cost per click is the average of all the different prices paid when your ads are clicked.
- Qualified Ieads – Your online ads are placed on search engine results pages and website blogs that cater to a specific niche. The people who click on your ads are more likely to be genuinely interested in what you offer. Thus, attracted qualified leads increase the chances of converting them into customers.
- Instant Results – PPC advertising delivers instant results and also generate online revenue immediately. It has a quick set-up and money spent that translates immediately into clicks trough to your site. It will ultimately produce more website visitors of a higher quality and lower unit cost.
G. Social Media Optimization Importance And Features
Social media optimization results in increased exposure and increased traffic that leads to improved sales. Based on this, nonprofits regard social media marketing as an opportunity to increase cause awareness and drive supporters and potential donors to their website. Increasing donation revenue being the ultimate goal, social media can be used to help build the relationship that might convert someone into a donor.
It can help you win friends and influence people and even alienate folks. You can ask for comments on your blog as well as respond to their hopes and needs. You can also share interesting articles about your organizations that support your mission to give value to your feed. You can expand your reach by tweeting other organizations to let them know that you are talking about them and encourage them to tweet about you as well.
These are some most effective social media optimization strategies:
- Follow Supporters – Your supporter belong to those who gave money to your cause and sent teams to participate in your event. Make sure your non-profits page likes their pages and your Twitter account follows their accounts. You can also tag them while thanking them on Twitter and Facebook so that they get notified that you are talking about them. They can have any interaction with that content be seen by their fans.
- Frequent Communication – You should update your social media pages with new content daily by setting up a blog on your website that is updated frequently. While it is easy to set up automatic reposting of your blog content to your social media, this can give a big boost to your social media. You need to be dynamic and get the word out on important issues and drive people back to your website.
- Volunteer Participation – Tell your volunteers that you are providing live updates in your event communications so that they can check your Twitter account and Facebook Page for the event.
- Natural Fund Flow – Always have a donation button available and other information that lets people know how they can get involved through donations, but make sure not to send out messages or even ask for funds on the page. Yu can give gentle reminders with updates so as to where the campaign stands or posts and messages about how a particular group was able to raise funds by getting everyone donate some dollars in their workplace.
- Keep Conversations Going – You can turn user engagement into blog posts, newsletters, or encourage those who are repeatedly active on your feed to recruit their friends to participate as well. You can also tag followers in your posts to give them a little more care.
H. Mobile SEO Importance And Features
Mobile technology is beginning to dominate internet functionality, and nonprofits that have tapped into this trend are seeing the benefits. The donations made through mobile browsers have increased and those organizations that have integrated mobile technology into their fundraising practices have raised more contributions in the last one year.
The nonprofit mobile marketing will connect your organization with all of your constituents in a brand new way, that is, through their mobile devices. They can send quick, direct and targeted text message alerts, promote mobile giving campaignsand collect event registrations, all through their mobile phones.
Mobile websites are faster and provide a more consistent experience. Mobile SEO strategies include:
- Mobile Websites – The mobile websites should be sleek, clean and efficient so that it helps promote your organization’s missions, goals and brand. The constituents can grab information on the go, when and how it is convenient for them.
- Text Marketing – It provides a simple way of communicating with constituents through their most accessible devices. The text message communication is effective, affordable and fast in increasing general awareness, promote an event or even share the latest news.
- “Donate Now” Page – You can make it easy for donors to give donations by making your website mobile-optimized and by including a mobile-optimized “Donate Now” page. This is to avoid donors having to struggle to donate via credit card on their mobile devices.
- Text To Give Campaigns – It allows your organization to ask for and collect donations of any dollar amount via text messages. These donations are submitted from your donor’s mobile phone and delivered to your organization as soon as possible.
- Links And Buttons – You should review your links and buttons and make sure that they are not large enough to click on from small screens without zooming. Provide enough space between links and buttons in order to prevent a wayward thumb from clicking on any other button accidentally.
I. Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is just appropriate for non-profit causes due to their focus on organic growth. It aims at attracting people to your cause based on the relevance of your information offering for your specific target audience. It is a combination of content marketing, search engine optimization and social media. This form of marketing strategy is a must for your business success. To be successful with inbound marketing, your organization’s strategy should focus on making it a priority to help others by offering useful, entertaining and credible information and content.
While email marketing is an important component of inbound marketing program, it is an important sales tool for your organization and can establish consistent touch-points with donors and volunteers. It helps generate revenue and attract new clients, sharing compelling and relevant content which is optimal for building trust among prospective clients and strengthening relationships with existing clients. This content-based approach will generate sales while building long-term relationships.
How Can Fedobe Help Your Business?
Fedobe provides affordable web design solutions for non-profit organizations and charitable institutions at discounted prices. Non-profit web design is a balancing act of great aesthetics and web marketing fundamentals. From designing your professional website to arranging economical and reliable hosting services, we can help you get your organization online in a comprehensive and cost-effective solution.
We are flexible and structure the project around the needs and the budget of the individual organization. We work in partnership with non-profits to determine needed content types, design a new sitemap and draw up wire frames before we start on the design. We can develop a new look and feel based on conversation and research, taking into account desired style, organizational colors and priority. Then we convert the look and feel into code and integrate it into a content management system(CMS) which we choose based on the organization’s website needs.