Are you a Professional Content writer looking for an exponential growth in your writing career? No matter if you are a newbie or a pro, your credibility doesn’t depend on your experience only. If you are smart & creative enough to tackle the SEO industry on your own, forget about experience. Your career depends on your creativity and strategy of your writing aspect.
In this guide we will have a look over the basics about what a seo content writer needs to know to establish himself as an expert,to sustain and stand out from the rest in the pool.
Here is what we have come out with for you: Writing for search engines: A complete Guide To Professional SEO Content Writing
SEO Content Writing – The Basics And Importance
SEO Content Writing is all about writing for the readers by keeping search engine optimization techniques in mind. This process is not as easy as it sounds. Various factors should be taken into consideration. Before crashing into this guide, let us know something about SEO, SEO Content and SEO Content Writing.
This guide ease up the process of SEO content writing by providing excellent tips and strategies. Let us know the basics of SEO, functions of a SEO content writer and content marketing industry.
Importance of Audience in SEO Content Marketing Industry
Audiences make you or break you. Audiences play a crucial role in the making of a professional content writer. If you are able to target a niche audience, then you are sure to be successful. Search engines want content for their readers. Their only demand is that your content should be helpful to your audience and should be liked by them. If you are able to produce such type of content, then automatically your content bubble up in search engine rankings. This is because, your content develops relevance and importance amongst your audience.
- What you should write that would engage your audience?An SEO content writer writes fascinating “search engine friendly” content in a website for his/her readers. There are various types of content posts that are written by different genres of SEO content writers. Take a look at them!
- Your fate is decided by your audience. Therefore, you should always try to keep them happy by providing their desirable content. Give your audience what they want through your content. Every writer should learn how to write for his/her content audience.
- The most important pre-requisite for any content writer is the increasing “scannability” of his/her writing. Readers read fast and by fast means by very fast. They just quickly go through your content to see if anything’s worth their attention. To gain visitors, you have to create a scannable and a readable content. Making your content scannable is extremely essential to produce extra ordinary readable content.
- Drawing readers in with one’s content is an extraordinary quality that needs to be nurtured and polished. This talent does not develop over night. One needs to be devoted in improving his/her writing skills. Produce attractable content that simply draws in large number of readers.
Guidelines to Write For Search Engines
Writing for search engines is not an easy task. It requires knowledge and importance of keywords, title tags, headlines which I will be discussing now. Here are some of the important guidelines to write for search engines. These points are very important. Read with complete focus to understand the do’s and dont’s of writing for search engines.
- How can we write for search engines, before knowing how does it rank pages. Let us know how search engines work to rank pages all across the world.
- A structure of content is very important. Not only it helps the readers to understand, identify and relate to your content, but it also helps the search engines to find your content. Below is a list of some of the most effective elements of a SEO copy.
- First of the lot, is keywords. Keywords are an extremely crucial part of an SEO technique. Proper understanding, density and placement of keywords are required.
- Next comes, the title tags and headlines. Title Tags and headlines can help in a greater manner in improving a page’s rank in search engine results.
- Once a visitor clicks on your link in search results, he/she is directed straight to content landing page. The content landing page needs to be optimized to convince the visitors about your credibility. Therefore, give similar amount of importance inoptimizing a content landing page.
- Internal linking is also very important for search engine optimization and large part of internal linking depends on the type of the content present in the website. Great internal linking structure can work wonders for your site.
- Headlines are very important in content. They need to be intriguing, fascinating and compelling. Know how to write headlines that will work on your content.
- To stand out from a bunch of similar content writers, you need to have a unique style and tone of writing. No sooner should the audience read a line of your post than they should know your name. This nirvana of a content writer is only possible if you have a unique style and tone of writing.
- Before going in to the world of keyword research, take some quick SEO content writing tips.
All About Keyword Research
Keyword Research is a crucial step in Search Engine Optimization. Find the best keywords with effective keyword research that you can use in your content.
- Understand the concept of keyword research and its importance in SEO. Keyword Research is all about finding the correct and the best keywords that you can target.
- Keyword Research includes usage of keyword research tools . Some of the keywords research tools can be free while some may cost you.
- Effective keyword research includes a number of steps. A good effective keyword research will give the best optimized keywords that can be used to raise the ranks of the sites in search engines.
Go Viral With Your Content
You should start writing a post that goes viral.This will make you popular in no time and it can also determine your content writing ability.
On page Optimization
On page Optimization refers to the effects on your webpage that increases the chances of visibility of your website in a search engine result. It is done to increase the relevance of keywords and uplifting the barriers of the search engines, if any.
- There is a need of understanding of how the users interact with the search engine results. A long time trend of “The Big Three” is mainly followed by the users. This means that the user normally prefers the top three results of the search engine. Also you must try to make your content visible on the landing page of the search engine result.
- Well, there are a number of factors that affects on page SEO. Let’s take a look at them.
- Great SEO content will always help you rank better. SEO content floats all over the internet. Let us know what does a writer should have to create an excellent SEO content. There are some excellent strategies to create an SEO content.
- The internal as well as external architecture of the site also affect search engine rankings. HTML codes should be written in order so that the crawlers sent by the search engine for authentication do no miss you. Every writer should know the value of SEO Website Design and HTML codes for better SEO.
- Internal linking is one of the important factors in Onpage SEO. There should be sufficient amount of internal links into your content to describe them completely. Related content with related link will give you better rank.
- Social Media Networks impact SEO on a large basis. The increasing popularity of social networks have made this possible. Social media along with SEO rule search engine rankings.
- Last, but not the least comes, search engine authority and trust. Know how to build SEO authority and trust for your website.
- What are the things that you need to do in Onpage SEO? Let’s find out.
- Meta Description and Meta Tags are displayed on search engine results. They create your page’s first impression on readers. Every write would want to create a first positive impact. Hence it is very important to optimize meta tags and meta description.
- Page Title optimization is very important from a user as well as from a search engine’s point of view.
- Keywords are the most important component of a superb SEO content. Hence, one should optimize his/her keywords in his/her SEO content
- Next comes the optimization of outbound links (links from your webpage to a different website) which helps search engine crawlers to determine the relevancy of your page.
- Image optimization should be done. Search engine spiders cannot see the image. They can only read the alt tag in your image. Making your image search engine friendly helps you rank in image based search engines.
- Anchor text is the text upon clicking on which a user is directed to a different web page. Search engines give high importance to anchor text optimization as search engine crawlers crawl through out the website through those links.
- Having complete control over search engine crawlers is the ultimate nirvana for any SEO content writer. Dealing with search engine crawlers to control them can be very effective in the process of indexing of webpages.
OnSite Optimization refers to the changes that are made to the entire website to make it search engine friendly. The process of onsite optimization is a bit complex. Therefore, I would urge my readers to provided undivided attention to the following part.
- The first and foremost thing that comes under onsite optimization is website structure optimization. Managing your files and folders in accordance to the rules of search engines is a good practice for any SEO content writer.
- Help the search engines to easily crawl through your webpages by making the navigation structure of your website search engine friendly.
- Even the name of your website/web pages should be search engine friendly. Therefore, an SEO content writer should perform domain name optimization as well as URL optimization for website and web pages respectively.
- A prominent conundrum in SEO is the issue of duplicate content. Combating duplicate content issues is very essential for any SEO writer. Multiple URLs containing duplicate content reduces your chances of getting higher ranks in search engine results.
- Robots Meta Tags are used to tell search engines which page and link to crawl and which to not. There may be certain pages and links that you want to protect from search engines. Use Robot Meta Tags to protect such pages.
- If you wish to create a number of pages for your website, then you would definitely need a Content Management System to manage all of your content. But make sure you choose a search engine friendly Content Management System.
- Search Engine Saturation is measure to know the number of pages that has been indexed by search engines. High SES means that you have higher chances of getting good ranks.
- Finally, there are some SEO content writing tools that you can avail. These tools assist you in the process of SEO writing.
All these tips are essential to make you an established as a Professional SEO Content writer. So brush up all this must- to do tips and combine them with your talent, honesty and hard work to develop your writing potential and emerge as a talent in your field.
Do let us know how our guide help you in your SEO content writer campaign. We’d be happy to help you in any matter that troubles you.