Are you a Beauty products Business Owner looking for some solid online marketing solutions to grow your beauty products business online? Well, you have got to the right place.
With the use of beauty products being a practice for thousands of years, the beauty culture is not a new concept. Earlier, women believed that the use of cosmetics and proper diet makes a person more beautiful and attractive. It was then that the beauty industry started its journey towards global exposure. Today the Indian cosmetics and beauty products industry worth more than $ 3 billion and is rising 20% every year. As a result, Indian women are increasingly gaining exposure globally, providing endless opportunities as well as excellent scope to people for entrepreneurship.
Cosmetology has emerged as a major occupational avenue with tremendous commercial potential because of the rise in the beauty consciousness of people and the evolving formulations for skin care, hair treatment and styling, coloring, and much more. Today herbal cosmetics industry is driving growth in the beauty business of India with the first introduction of the concept of ayurvedic cosmetics to the world by ShehnazHussain. While the demand of beautifying substances are growing day-by-day, a large number of local as well as international manufacturers are gradually extending their product ranges in different provinces of India. Though this is due to the improving purchasing power and the increasing fashion consciousness, both electronic and print media are playing an important role in spreading awareness about the beauty products and developing fashion consciousness among the Indian consumers. Here see the online marketing guide for beauty products industry to enter successfully and Adopt all strategies easily to achieve great business results.
Why Online Presence is Important For Your Business?
The importance of having an online presence and a personal brand is growing day by day, regardless of which industry you belong to. The potential customers and clients want to see that you are engaged in the respective community and are more likely to take on your work if you already have an online presence. The beauty and wellness industry is a blooming business and the high organic search engine rankings go a long way towards its ability to secure first-time as well as repeat client bookings. Beauty companies and advertisers now realize the importance of increasing their online presence and have shifted ad dollars to have a prominent digital focus rather than traditional television and print campaigns.
In this industry, the experience at the point-of-sale (POS) remains highly important because it is where the sale is won or lost, where the interaction with the brand comes to life and the seeds of loyalty are planted. It can affect brand performance by improving brand image and consumer satisfaction. It can have direct impact on a brand’s overall perception among customers and their loyalty to it, delivering a unique shopping experience and further enhancing the beauty brand and customer loyalty. By having an online presence for your beauty products business, you are able to guide traffic generated through media. Beauty companies invest in media to further a particular brand or category, linking brands with special occasions and holidays already connected to your purchases. Therefore, you need to improve return on media investments in order to have an appropriate POS support. It can help you generate incremental sales, build recognizable brand missions and values, attract customers with appealing store merchandising, and foster a retail culture and skills. You can know your shoppers and can have indirect as well as indirect contact with end consumers of your beauty brands and fully understand their needs and behaviors. Your strong online presence will provide consumers with a balanced product knowledge, service and sales techniques that fully embody your brand image.
Elements to Achieve Online Presence Effectively:
Below are the elements described in details regarding how exactly can you grow your beauty product business online.
A. An Online Beauty Products Web Shop:
Before creating your beauty products website, you need to understand why it is important for you and your business.
A1. Why Do You Need An Online Beauty Products Web Shop?
Starting from understanding consumer behavior and the shopper’s journey to managing retailer’s expectations and drawing lessons from best practices in luxury, all play a vital role in beauty care and cosmetics, providing an excellent customer experience at the online beauty products web shop. It is one of the biggest challenges for the beauty salon owners to get the perfect marketing technique for their business to grow online.
While too much advertising can make you overspend, too little of this can take you to a great loss. Therefore, it is necessary to have an online web shop for your beauty products that will help you advertise your beauty salon effectively according to online marketing guide for beauty products industry. This helps create a community where people can find out information on beauty products, video tutorials, view pictures, share their opinions and read the latest beauty articles and blogs. It brings together beauty bloggers, makeup artists, and brands to discover and share the best beauty tips, trends and products. You can upload thousands of videos to share information on latest beauty products, give feedback and address the specific needs of their online community. It provides an online beauty portal where you can find everything you would want to know about beauty, starting from news coverage of the latest trends to the video tutorial on how to use those products to get the best out of it. You will have each and every beauty information at your fingertips online which will make people even more easier to find exactly what they are looking for.
A.2. Benefits Of A Perfect Beauty Products Web Shop :
Following are a few ways you can get benefited by having an online web shop for your business :
1) Develop Your Brand –You can start by developing your brand and choosing a salon name, logo and design that engages your market. For this, you need to make your salon trendy by using a perfect color scheme, a perfect art-type while creating a logo and a perfect location for your business. Be original while following the lead of successful businesses around you and try to make the feel of your business warm and friendly.
Create A Budget – You can create a budget that allows for more spending on advertising and try to spend your advertising dollars where your potential clients read, listen and watch within a circulation range of not more than 20 miles from your business. You also need to determine your potential return on investment before buying any advertisement.
3) Create a Catchy Slogan – You should think and come up with a catchy slogan or phrase that can be printed on employee business cards, uniforms and staff email signatures, etc. Try to include something that guarantees satisfaction to your clients.
4) Product Offers – Beautiful product offerings give people a reason to try your out your beauty products like something inexpensive but effective at enticing possible clients.
Promotion – Design your website keeping SEO in mind and being diligent about viral marketing. This will boost your page ranking on search engines, get you on all social media sites and keep you stay connected with your market. You just need to keep your information informative and sales pitch at a minimum.
5) Referrals – By following the steps of online marketing guide for beauty product industry, you can build clientele through referrals and client relationships by training employees. You should consider giving a discount, or upgrade on their next visit to clients who refer a friend and mention the benefits of being a friend of your beauty salon. Make sure that your employees cards mention how clients an friend you on social media sites through the daily deals offered by you.
A.2. Website Elements of A Perfect Beauty Products Web Shop :
I) Good Visual Design – Every top website needs an incredible visual design. If a website looks like it has not been updated since a long time, it cannot get associated with other great websites. If it is not visually pleasing, people might get turned off before entering into it. All you need is a clean and simple design which looks good so that it can stand out from your competitors in the minds of your potential clients. It should be eye-catching and must grab their attention long enough to take a look around.
II) Proper Branding – Your website should be an extension of your company business’s brand and your web design must take consistency into account that makes a good impression on readers on every single page. Before building a website, create a beautiful logo and integrate this logo into the web design as often as possible, without making it too promotional. For example, in a WordPress site, branding at the top and bottom of the website is usually standard for each page where you can select your header and footer images that include the logo being displayed universally.
III) Sitemaps –Search engines rely on sitemaps for pinging links and well-linked content in order to find each page of your website and subsequently index it into key search results. All of your pages need to be workingin order for people to truly understand your business. Having both a sitemap and all functional links is vital in gaining attention and maintaining authority. If your site is not completed or properly maintained, it can leave a bad impression and will speak volumes about your products and services. Therefore, if you have pages that are not yet ready, you should avoid linking to them at all until they are finished.
IV) Ideal User Interface – The user interface is the foundation of any good functional website. You will need to take your average user into consideration while designing a site like who is your ideal customer? Are your customers tech-savvy or completely illiterate, and so on. This helps you create an image of your ideal visitor in mind while planning out a design for your website. Make sure you offer everything on your site which your consumers would want to find before becoming a subscriber and before buying from you. Make your navigation easy to spot and consistent throughout the website and make it obvious where the user should click both in terms of primary navigation and for links within your content areas.
V) Meaningful Content – Content is king. If you do not have a good content, you are not going to stick around. You need to provide helpful as well as knowledgeable information about your company, its products and services while writing a copy of your website. For example, if you are running a blog, including informative articles related to your area of expertise is incredibly helpful as well.
VI) Call To Action Button – While putting every information about your company’s products and services on the front page of your website might be a common practice, but it is not a good idea. You need to decide what you want your visitor to do for each page on your website like should they sign up for a newsletter? , buy a product? , or only look at the pictures, and so on. You should make it clear and easy to understand and your visitor will happily tour your website. Like other marketers and businesses, you should use call to action in order to inspire readers and customers to go above and beyond whether by purchasing or contributing to a cause or getting involved in a campaign. Pinging links to just one landing page for each call to action is usually enough, but your entire website should function in such a way that it should enact as one big call to action.
VII) Web Optimized Images and Videos –It is important to save all your images in a compressed format when designing for the web. Your images should not be too much pixelated in order to retain its quality. You need to save your images at 72dpi while designing for the screen that will make for a much smaller file size and make the download time for web visitors as quick as possible. You can also use programs like Adobe Photoshop that can automatically convert your image to 72dpi, in case you forget to do so. It can provide you with a variety of compression settings while saving your images, either be png, jpg or gif depending on the particular usage. Videos have been considered a necessity by many marketers as it increases not only the sales conversion as well as the opt-in to a subscriber list. Many marketers have also found that videos have increased the size of the order per visitor or customer. Make sure that the video on your homepage and product page works best for you.
B. Achieve Top Positions in Google/SEO:
Google, being the most powerful and popular search engine today, offers a lot of great resources as well for making your business searchable more easily.
B.1. Why Achieving Top Position in Google/SEO is So Important?
Google has become the most considerable means for people to get the desired information and hence, has become so prominent in online marketing business. It provides an effective way of bringing your website to the potential clients. By achieving top position for your website in Google or other major search engines, you are able to increase your visibility across the globe. The high ranked websites receive valuable traffic as the visitors intentionally visit your website for specific services you provide. Google has the highest market share as millions of people use Google to find any kind of information and have set this as their default homepage. Therefore, the top ranked websites get more traffic from search engines for specific keywords.
If your website does not show up on Google or other popular search engines, no one except who you tell about your site will find you. The higher a website’s PageRank, the higher it will show up in search results. This helps in getting higher conversions and Return on Investment (ROI). Ranking on top is the main criteria to drive traffic and thus increase the sales of your website. Google and other search engines use secret algorithms pointing to dozens of factors to determine PageRank. They follow unique strategies and employ these ranking algorithms to rank a website on top. Unique content keywords placed equally without heavily stuffing helps in getting a website index quickly. This helps build high quality relevant links and avoid link farms. Having strong titles and descriptions for your website will give long lasting results while increasing rankings, traffic, conversions, and Return on Investment. The more websites that link to your site, the more times the search engine robots will come across it and the higher your ranking will be.
B.2. How to Gain SEO For Beauty Products Business :
To popularize your beauty business you need to be active in SEO process and must be aware of all upcoming strategies.
A.Content Marketing: It’s Importance & Features:
- Basically, content marketing is the use of content to educate and nurture prospects and ultimately acquire leads and customers. It provides prospective and existing customers with valuable information, both original and curated, to establish and build ongoing relationships and ultimately incite behavioral change such as consumers buying, repurchasing, and being active as well as loyal brand ambassadors. It not only enables brands to educate consumers but also befriend, empower and help them spread as well. Content is the best way to differentiate your business and to create value. It is an essential element of successful online marketing and brand-building. Online content marketing positions your business and your products for lasting customer interaction.
- The consumers no longer believe what they read on advertised statements, and this ever-increasing doubt draws many to use their laptops and smartphones to research beauty brand claims. While some log onto their favorite forums, others reach out to their favorite beauty bloggers, and many go directly to Google or the brand page itself for further information. Ideally, the consumers should find information from your brand rather than from your competitor on the web whenever they look for any information about a specific claim your product is making. Therefore, it is important to strategize a content marketing plan and schedule for your business.A few content marketing strategies are given below :
- Easy Conversation – The secret of using free content for your business is to be the host of the conversation your audience cares about, rather than being the subject of it. Great content transforms advertisers from business interruption to business destination.
- Gift offers – You need to listen to your customers and prospects and understand their needs. Then gradually educate them on the industry via blog posts, articles, newsletters, and more. You should define the content frequency that works best and always try to be accessible, visible and credible.
- Blog Posts – Many beauty brands use blogs to provide basic information, makeup tutorials and company updates. As a step further, you can create regular infographicsthat depict the formulation process from conception to research to mass distribution. This can include how ingredients are chosen, what processes are used to create a product, and how exactly the skin reacts when a key ingredient is topically applied.
- Driving Revenues – Content marketing can be considered as a journey with a destination in mind, be it driving revenues, increasing the number of your customers or selling a particular product and service, it helps you get right there.
- Build online trust – Creating awesome content for your website will not only show customers that you know about your products but will also help Google identify what you are selling. Gaining trust purely depends on the basis of the look of your website and what it contains. It will give your business a human face and voice, create immediate trust and brand your business better.
- Consistency – If content is king,consistency is the key. You need to publish regularly to keep your website fresh and up to date. You can engage plenty of writers and online content managers who will help you out with this.
B. Local SEO: Business Listing Importance & Features:
The first step in online marketing guide for beauty product industry is about promoting most of the businesses to build credibility in local market, meanwhile accessing the global market. When such business promotion needs internet marketing as an advertisement tool, local SEO comes forward to help achieve the desired business goals. Local SEO stands for Local Search Engine Optimization in which local marketing strategies are employed to build business credibility in local audience by focusing on your geographical target market. You can get customized results for search engines queries that will help making huge profits with your business setup at the local level. Increase your visibility, get more new customers and completely dominate your local market with a top ranked business listing on the front page of Google. With the local SEO, now anyone can put his business on the top of Google’s search results and generate unstoppable new business by getting found easily by potential customers. It can improve business sales, provide higher conversion rates and maximum return on investment (ROI).
One of the best local SEO strategies is the local business listings in business listing location maps which you can easily create or claim to help your business get found in local search results. Creating local listing for your business and optimizing it for the local search results is a great step towards automatically getting found by potential customers.
Benefits of having an effective business listing for your beauty products business are as follows :
- Increase Visibility –Your business listing can show up in search results and help advertise your business where local customers are looking. You can get easily found by search engines and by people searching for information online.
- Increased Publicity – Listing your business in a business directory results in a good amount of publicity, from people visiting the business directories themselves to via search engines. It is an excellent form of marketing and spreading information about your business.
- Generate Leads – It can help generate more leads. As people today are searching for local businesses online, the local listing will help expose your business to more potential customers.
- Higher ROI – Local internet marketing is much more cost-efficient and offers a higher return on investment (ROI) than print advertising. It is free for many directories and is a very inexpensive form of marketing.
- Edge Over Competition – You can make use of business directories to increase exposure on your business and its products. As a result, you can increase your profit as well as surpass your competitors and stand out in the crowd.
- Photos and Videos – It allows you to display photos and videos as local listings provide you with a larger advertising space than traditional print yellow pages. The users can view photos and videos uploaded by businesses which have availed of a premium listing option.
- Google Maps –Users can search either by product or services or by location. It presents them with a detailed display of businesses whose products and services are relevant to their search criteria. The Google map location will show the address of each business in the results pages in their locality.
C. PPC Marketing Importance & Features:
PPC is a type of sponsored online advertising that is used by a wide range of websites and search engines where the advertiser only pays if a web user clicks on their ad. It is a very cost-effective way to get your site noticed by target audience and other internet marketing strategies to help your site achieve its natural ranking potential. Advertisers place bids on keywords or phrases that they suppose their target audience to type in a search field while looking for specific products and services. When a web user types a search query into the field of a search engine that matches the advertiser’s keyword list or visits a web page with content that correlates to the keywords or phrases chosen by the advertiser, the PPC ad gets displayed on the page. PPC ads for websites offer a good return on investment when done properly. As a result, online shopping continues to rise and an online store that uses a well-researched and designed PPC campaign experiences an increase in traffic and conversions to sales. It allows you to build your prospective customer base and establish a relationship with individuals looking for what your business has to offer.
Effective PPC marketing strategies are :
- Immediate Ranking –You can advertise the various events run by local businesses immediately by setting up a new pay per click marketing campaign and having that go live the same day. This provides benefits to your business from immediate and targeted advertising.
- Test Search Terms – It helps ascertain the true level of traffic as well as interest and commercial intent on the keywords and phrases before investing in optimizing a website for specific terms or phrases to rank organically in search engines.
- A/B Testing – It can be used to test headlines and offers, and run separate headlines called A/B Testing or Split Testing or offers and see which offer gets the best response before committing a large portion of your advertising budget.
- Track Conversions – You can see what adverts have been clicked on, what keyword terms were used and also shows you which keywords resulted in your advertising goals. You can pause certain campaigns while increasing spend on other campaigns that are providing better results.
- Landing Pages – Designing a landing page that offers information about the specific products and services before designing PPC ads for websites makes your PPC ad campaigns quite promotional. A well-designed landing page attracts actively seeking consumers who are looking for what your business has to offer.
- Click Through Rates –To see a good return on investment with PPC ads, you want a high click through rate of target consumers. Online ads provide a good picture of how many individuals have seen your ad, clicked through to gain more information and purchased your products and services. Become familiar with click-through rates, average sales rates, cost-per-acquisition, conversion rates, and return on investment.
D. Social Media Optimization: It’s Importance & Features
Social media optimization means optimizing your website and content to be as socially shareable as possible. It is all about making it easy for people to share your valuable content as content continues to be the king when it comes to search engine rankings. Social media marketing is the process of marketing through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. It connects as well as interacts on a much personalized and dynamic level by utilizing the social aspect of the web. Because of its social nature, you are able to interact with customers and get them involved with the marketing as well as your product. The more you interact with the customers, the more brand loyalty you build. Social networks not only give the marketer a place to get the word out and interact with your customers and allow them to interact with you. This is a great way to go viral and pick up a grassroots effort. It can make you reach millions of people all around the world.
The most effective social media marketing techniques are :
- Brand Recognition –With social media, you get to decide how you want to position your company and what you want people to know about you and about what you do. You can build a brand recognition for your brand around your company’s values, benefits and advantages.
- Business Authority – Social media can be very powerful in helping you establish authority in your field, making you the go-to resource for your target audience to seek out for help. You can share great content, serve your audience by answering questions, and will be able to build loyal fans and followings inevitably.
- Competitive Advantage – As most of your competitors are not using social media, it gives you a chance to stand out. On the contrary, you will allow your competitors to capture your audience by avoiding the use of social media in your business. Know what your competition does for their social media marketing and follow them until you are sure about what works best for you and your customers.
- Repeat Exposure – A clear benefit of social media is repeat exposure with your network. This means, you have the opportunity to remind them over and over again about what you have to offer that can shorten your sales cycles dramatically.
- Sales Benefits –You create an account and develop a personality to cater to specific needs of individuals through social media and build a reputation and make it easier to earn the trust of buyers.Having your own social media account as an online seller will make you more approachable and trustworthy. You can hold contests, offer rewards and start discussions and other interesting schemes and activities online to grab the attention of your target customers and entice them to buy.
E. Mobile SEO Importance & Features
With the number of mobile searches on the rise, most companies are becoming more aware of how important it is to have a website that renders across all the mobile platforms. When it comes to mobile use people are usually on the go. You need to pay extra attention to how long your page load time is. Complex graphics and bad formatting can hinder your load time and potentially lose your customers. Mobile SEO significantly improves user experience and satisfaction by providing optimal download speed and maximum browsing. It allows you to immediately engage users with mobile-specific features like click-to-call and mapping functions. If you are a local business, more and more visitors will find your site through location-aware technology that connects users to your website when they are in immediate geographic proximity. It provides improved rankings on mobile-friendly search engines like Google. This also allows placement in a growing number of mobile and local directories and provides an unprecedented opportunity to connect with target audiences in various new ways, no matter wherever they are. It helps you stand out and presents a positive and contemporary brand identity for your organization.
Some effective mobile SEO techniques are as follows :
- Keywords –Keywords lend a helping hand in optimizing the content of the mobile website or domain. Therefore, make sure to use enough keywords and tags in the text that you need to fill up in the domain while building a domain accessible from the mobile phones. Keep your keywords short and simple based on the common search terms in the search engines. You can also use enough of the tags to attract more traffic.
- Search-Engine-Friendly Domain – Make your domain fully compatible with the search engines like Yahoo and Google so that the crawlers and scanners find it easy to detect the pages of your web domain and list it on the search results. This will make your mobile website popular and widely visible to the public.
- Impressive Site Navigation – You can build an impressive site navigation system in your domain and design a suitable sitemap for your website. This will make your website easy to navigate and be more popular on the internet.
- Link-Building – You can build and design new links, both internal and external. While you can use internal linking to link the pages of the website together for the ease of your customers, external links can be used to promote your domain in other domains and websites as well.
- Creative Web Design – You need to create an attractive and colorful website design for your mobile domain as people love to visit those websites that have an attractive design. Try to make it good and suitable for people to navigate through.
- Track Performance – Make sure that the domain is updated with relevant and reliable information and monitor the functioning of keywords, links and mobile applications. You should finally review the performance of your mobile website for all the SEO functions and activities.
How Can Fedobe Help Your Business?
Inbound marketing is an inexpensive form of online marketing guide for beauty products industry, where you pull people into your business rather than push your business on them. It helps you attract rather than distract, communicate rather than manipulate, and focus on a niche rather than broadcast to a crowd. Not only can you segment people based on their demographics or interests but also segment them by their behavior around specific interests. It helps you reach an audience relevant to your business and lets you attract the most qualified prospects to your business, wherever they are.
As a niche business, you can get found for your expertise by creating content that specifically addresses topics related to your niche industry and optimizing that content for the keywords your prospects and customers will use in their search query. With inbound marketing, you can expand your brand presence, build trust with prospects and customers, attract highly qualified leadsand establish yourself as an expert and a thought leader in your niche as well as stand out among your competitors.