Storytelling as the name implies is the art of writing stories. But, you may think how can it help in increasing sales? Think again why people love stories and why do they connect deeply to them. Incorporating your product into your story can really affect your sales. Your site may not have anything special, unattractive headline, poor images, vague call to action buttons, etc. But, if you have good storytelling content, then the reader will automatically buy your product. A storyteller can really change the game for you.
The content in your page is targeted with an aim to make sales. Storytelling content achieves the same but in an interesting manner. Storytelling for sales in content is similar to walking the steps of a ladder which concludes with an action to buy the product. It helps you connect with your readers and share the information in an entertaining way.
Basically, storytelling content has a single strategy. It has three things; a hero who faces and fights real life obstruction and then emerges as a superhero.
Your hero is the prospective reader who will be reading your sales page. Let’s say, you website sells an e-book on “how to lose weight in 1 month”. A reader lands in your page and starts reading the content.
Real life obstruction refers to the real life problems that he/she faces in his/her life. Referring to the above example, you have to write on weight gain problems such as medical effects, dietary problems etc. Explain each of the problems. Try to connect with the common audience. It is a very important stage as the more similar your written problems are with that of the readers, the more credibility you gain from them. The more they recognize themselves as the hero, more are your chances of making a sale.
This is the last stage of the story, where the reader take someone’s help or use a product to emerge as a superhero, i.e. he/she manages to lose weight. Praise your reader here for his/her hard work of losing weight. Now is the time to introduce your product to your readers. Explain them how your product could have help them to lose more weight. Showcase the importance and benefits of your products here. “What Is” and “What could be” are the two states.
You can also make yourself as a hero, and then tell your readers about how you created the “losing weight e-book” through the actual weight losing process.
Well, there are some basic storytelling guidelines that are needed to be followed:
- Tell your readers that you have been in a similar situation before and that you understand their problems.
- Disclose the solution and tell them why they need it.
- Explain the reason why this is the most appropriate solution.
- Tell them why you are willing to share such valuable tools and strategies with them.
- Enter the conversation in mind and address any objections. Do not directly claim to know everything that they are thinking.
- Do not leave any loopholes in your copy. Be sure to provide the most accurate explanations.
Different marketers use different types of stories to maintain a variety in their landing pages. The story telling for sales should be compelling, attractive , entertaining and should easily convey the message.
If you are looking for a step by step process to optimize the conversion rate of your website, you can visit our Conversion Rate Optimization Guide to turn your visitors into customers. Please feel free to leave any comment you have in your mind.
You may also like:
- How To Pen Down Your Sales Copy Writing Strategies For Better Conversion Rate Optimization
- How To Write Sales Page Headlines To Grab The Initial Attention Of Your Audience
- Create Content Easily With These 11 Out Of The Box Content Ideas
- A Detailed Product Page Optimization Guide To Land Your Business More Sales
- A Detailed Guide On Ecommerce Landing Page Design That Leads to Convincing Online Sales
- Make Useful And Unique Content – Air And Water Of a Web Content Atmosphere
- Steal Your Readers With These 15 Quick and Effective Content Writing Tips
- You Have Less Than 100 Seconds – Make Readable Content Now!!
- Give Your Content Audience What They Want – Tips To Write For Them
- How To Create Highest Converting Call To Actions On Your Sales Page To Boost Your Conversion
- How And Where To Sell Your Blog
- Manage Your Brand Building By Blogging To Add More Content Value
- 9 Superb Tips On How To Create A Viral Content
- Strategies To Use Twitter For Sales Enhancement
- 10 Ways To Make Your Content More Readable