Sushant Risodkar is one of the most successful young blogger/affiliate marketers in India. You can find him on his blog SmartBloggerz.com where he generally talks about blogging tips and how to make money online through affiliate marketing.
The first time he caught my attention was when I got to see his click bank screenshot in facebook and after that when I went through his blog I found some awesome content. What makes Sushant different from other Indian bloggers is his focus on Affiliate Marketing. You can follow him at Twitter and Facebook.
You can find his interview below:
Why do you blog?
– SmartBloggerz is mainly to create a web presence and earn money from it. At SmartBloggerz, I, along-with the help of guest authors, try to come up with stuffs that will help people succeed as a blogger and affiliate marketer.
How long have you been blogging?
– From 2 yrs. in seriousness
How many hours do you dedicate to your blog daily?
– 1-2 hrs.
What’s the first reaction of people when you tell them you are a blogger?
– “hey tell me what is a blog?” , “how do you make money blogging? teach me too plz.”
How many RSS feeds do you read daily? If you could read only one blog, which one would you pick?
– hmm.. around 4-5. I mostly pick the TechCrunch’s RSS feed.
What is the secret of your success?
– Ability to explore and re-invent the wheel all by myself.
About Your Blog
What is the average number of daily posts on the blog?
– 0-1 posts per day.
How many page views the blog generates daily?
Do you use paid writers? How many?
What is the biggest mistake you did on your blog?
– Imported blog from blogspot and published posts that were not related to the blog sometime back.
What is the blog’s monthly revenue?
– I don’t keep a track on it. I’m really bad it. I just let the money flowing into my bank accounts. 😀
But, talking about my blog for which I’m known – SmartBloggerz; well it earns me anywhere between $1000-$4000 every month. And then my other niche blogs and affiliate marketing thingy earns me around $10000/mo. according to latest figures.
Do you make money directly from your blog through your own products/services?
– No, I don’t sell any of my own products/services. I planned to do so in past but failed because I found that I have no time for it and there is something better than can make me more money easily which is Affiliate Marketing.
What is the main revenue source of your blog?
– Affiliate and Ad Sales (including reviews).
Have you ever invested money in promotion?
What is the best promotion technique you have used?
– Hmmm.. Recently, I think using Facebook to run contest has been a successful thing for me. In past, I was a killer blog commentator and used to appear on many-many blog’s top commentators list but not using it that much due to lack of time but it works great from my experience.
What is your favorite social bookmarking site?
– StumbleUpon. Just see my SU profile: http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/typhoon007/
What is more important, community or traffic?
– Community. Because if you have a good community then obviously you are going to have good traffic.
What is the best way to boost the RSS subscriber base?
– This is something I used to care a lot when I started but not that much these days. At that time, I used contests as a way to boost RSS subscribers. Once you become an established blogger, RSS subscribers will automatically join in looking at your success and the quality of content that is shared on your blog.
Would you use Black Hat SEO?
– My current view is that there is nothing like blackhat or whitehat. Just try what works for you and keep using it till it makes you money. Because when you talk about seo, you obviously want to make money and not wanna do any social work on the web 😀
How important is the “fun” factor for a blog? (0 to 10)
6.5 – Yes! Quite important in this tough world.
How important is the design of a website? (0 to 10)
8 – VERY Important.
What would you suggest to the student bloggers?
– Well if you are from India, then better spend time in your studies because it might get affected because of blogging (if you are really passionate about it). Yes, I’m speaking this on my own experience. But, if you have a kind of supportive family then surely you should blog and also keep an eye on your studies 😉
If you could give one advice for a novice blogger, what would this be?
– Don’t panic if your blog isn’t making you money. It surely will one day, if you have faith in your blog.
That was Sushant Risodkar with his answers. Hope you got all the answers you were looking for and do share any more questions that I may have left out. Adios and Happy Blogging 🙂