Are you an Ecommerce Business Owner looking for some solid online marketing solutions to grow your e-commerce business online? Well, you have got to the right place.
Ecommerce stands for electronic commerce and caters to trading in goods and services through the electronic medium such as internet, mobile, PDAs, or any other computer network. More commonly, it refers to business-to-customer websites that allow customers to place orders online. From a customer’s viewpoint, Ecommerce is all about finding and ordering the right products. But, from a business owner’s viewpoint, it’s a lot more complex. There are a several things you have to consider like drawing potential customers to your store, taking orders from customers, being notified when customers place orders, accepting and processing customer payments, protecting your store from hackers, and much more.
Ecommerce includes a broad range of sites including major retail chains, Web-only stores, small local stores, and individuals selling on aggregate sites like eBay. It involves the use of Information and Communication Technology and Electronic Funds Transfer in making commerce between consumers and organizations, organization and organization, or consumer and consumer. With the growing use of internet worldwide, it is most commonly associated with buying and selling products and information via the Internet and aims at reduced costs, faster customer response, and improved service quality. It is a new way of doing business which is available to companies of all sizes to create new relationships and extensions to existing business built on relationships, networks and web of activities.
Why Online Presence Is Important For Your Business?
Internet, being a worldwide web, opens up the world as a market to the businesses. It has changed our lives and has become the highway for online business transactions. People have switched over to paying all their bills online, banking online, and even shopping online. Business can reach out to millions of customers instantly which is not possible in any conventional mode of marketing. The more people get onto internet and search for information, the more opportunities begin to develop for Ecommerce.
Ecommerce marketing is one of the rapidly growing businesses that most people are now eager to run with. More and more business owners are going for online business as it can bring more potential clients to them. It brings the products and services closer to the customers. It enables the customer to view, read, download, and experience their desired product. They can search for the products they want to buy and can order it through the internet marketing websites. Online marketing enables the marketing company to customize its sales pitch or product offering to the customers. While the online financial transaction capability has given a significant push to Ecommerce, the online trading haschanged the way stock markets, financial markets and commodity exchanges across the world function. An effective online marketing helps Ecommerce business leverage themselves successfully in the eyes of the customers. So check out this online marketing guide for Ecommerce store to build your own store achieve your must awaited progress in online business.
Elements to Achieve Online Presence Effectively:
Below are the elements described in details regarding how exactly can you grow your Ecommerce store business online.
A. An online Ecommerce Web Shop:
Before creating your Ecommerce website, you need to understand why it is important for you and your business.
A1. Why Do You Need An Ecommerce Web Shop?
For your Ecommerce business to be successful with an Ecommerce Web Shop, it is important that you market it effectively. With an online web shop for your business, you are able to spread word-of-mouth messages about the latest offers and discounts in your site. This would increase the reliability factor for your site, build stronger and closer relationship with old customers, as well as inform new and perspective customers why they should do business with you. For this, you need to make your online store so unique that it should draw attention of your customers. It helps monitor your competitors and find which of the sites they are visible on.
Here are the benefits of having an effective online Ecommerce web shop :
1) Engage Customers – In general, Ecommerce websites help engage web customers by showing the advantages of your products, special deals and new arrivals in your Web shop.
2) Inform About Your Product –You need to make sure that you have linked to the appropriate pages from your home page so that people can know about the product they are going to buy, the payment methods, purchase process, the delivery service, etc. that will help them secure a decision and commit to a transaction.
3) Increase Trust And Confidence –While consumers read and compare product reviews before deciding which type of product to buy, these reviews focus on product quality, price and value and are necessary for increasing consumer confidence.
4) Raise Conversion Rate –They provide customers with the information which they need to feel confident in making an online purchase, and in doing so, raise your conversion rate.
3) Know Your Customers – You can understand your customers, how they feel about your brand, about their likes and dislikes, how you can improve your products, and so on.
4) Rank Higher –You can have the knowledge about quality keywords that will help your products rank higher and draw more traffic to your site.
5) Other Benefits – They help businesses establish credibility, improve their search engine visibility, and increase online sales.
A.2. Website Elements of A Perfect Ecommerce Web Shop :
There are many different approaches to take into consideration while designing an effective Ecommerce webshop :
I) Easy Navigation And Product Search – This is the most essential component of an Ecommerce web shop. Good website navigation is important for any website in order to have the ability to browse among different categories and products easily and quickly through an intuitive navigation system. While there are two types of customers – those who browse and those who search, more number of people browse for products than search for them. Therefore, having bad navigation system would lead you to lose almost all your custom. Always ensure that the navigation menu is displayed clearly not only on your home page but on every page of the site to make it quick and simple for your customers to sort through all those products they want to buy.
III) Clear Product Details – Your Ecommerce storeshould highlight products that are usually on sale or clearance or new arrivals added to the inventory on the front page of the site. As in a web store, people cannot touch the products, you need to write a great description of the products to be highlighted that would persuade the customers to buy. Include product details like size, weight and fabric, etc. which is relevant in a clear and easy-to-read format.
IV) Easy Checkout Process – Usually, a shopping cart should always be present in Ecommerce stores. It is the first and the foremost element for having an easy checkout process that provides you a summary of the things you are buying. Its purpose is to display the items that the customers have chosen to purchase and the products in it are typically displayed in a table or matrix format. It includes product name, short product description, price of the product, quantity box, etc. The fewer the pages between the product page and the order confirmation page, the higher your conversions are going to be. While offering “Create an Account” option is good always, it is wise enough to offer a checkout option that doesnot need registering for an account.
V) Images and Zooming – The big disadvantage of an online store is that you cannot touch the products physically. Therefore, you must include images of the products as suggestive as possible, giving precise details. The images should be very clear, with a larger resolution and zooming features in order to attract customers. It all depends on the type of the products you are featuring. For example, while a site offering for sale electronics does not require a lot of images but a more accurate description of the features of the products, an online clothing store will require more images to make you enjoy their products.
VI) Call-To-Action Button – A good price-quality ratio and a good design will bring you few buyers if you have no call-to-action button on your web store, or if it is not easy to find. Such a button should be designed so as to provide a strong contrast, an integration in the layout as smooth as possible, without hurting or irritating the customers. This button is more likely to produce sales if it is not complemented by an appealing text message.
VI) Customer Feedbacks And Commentaries – By reading reviews, comments or any feedback from others who have benefitted from a similar product, people can make their own opinion. The product with many positive feedbacks is definitely viewed with more confidence and can convince visitors of quality than one without any reviews. Providing positive feedbacks after purchasing a product and ensuring valuable feedback will contribute to building a brand for your business.
VI)A FAQ Page For your Web store –Adding this page to your Ecommerce website has many advantages like cutting down on customer service requests, increasing conversion rates and creating a more balanced customer experience. A dedicated FAQ page will help address the basic needs of your customers. While creating such page, you need to break things down in a Q and A format and include as many FAQs as possible without going overboard. Too much information will confuse your customers, while too little information will compel them to go elsewhere and shop. Every sentence of your page should be speaking to your customer’s needs without trying to sell your brand. As customers visit these pages for help, just be yourself and make the FAQ page easily accessible in the footer of your website, including links to different pages within your Ecommerce store.
B. Achieve Top Positions in Google/SEO:
Google, being the most powerful and popular search engine today, offers a lot of great resources as well for making your business searchable more easily.
B.1. Why Achieving Top Positions Is So Important For An Ecommerce Business?
Nowadays, businesses are using internet as a basic tool for advertising and marketing their products online. It has resulted in reaching a wider audience which has increased the market share of the companies. As so many people are using internet for searching the products and services they require before visiting the physical store, it has become essential for the business websites to gain top position in search engines like Google. It ranks a website on top which is most relevant to the keyword phrases entered by the user.
As your website is listed on the top pages of search engines, it gets popular and is viewed by many. Your website earns brand recognition, reputation and respect from viewers and customers for achieving top position. While people trust those websites that are popular, this can take your business to a higher level and keep you ahead of your millions of competitors by making your business spread all over the world. The increased traffic to your website leads to higher sales and profit of the company. Gaining top position in search engines guarantees conversion of thousands of visitors into customers, increasing the clientele on your website.
B.2.How To Gain SEO For Ecommerce Business:
To popularize your Ecommerce business you need to be active in SEO process and must be aware of all upcoming strategies.
Organic SEO: Content Marketing Importance and Features
Content marketing is the king of the Internet where you provide your website with some valuable product information to attract visitors and those who are looking for your products. It offers a better way to improve your website visibility. It makes you more visible on the search engines results.
It is very difficult to make the Ecommerce website visible in search engines and increase the ranking position for choosing certain keywords based on your website, especially for your content information related to your product. Therefore, in order to improve your Ecommerce website you should properly choose the specific content relevant to your website keyword.
Some good content marketing strategies for your Ecommerce business are given below :
- Fresh And Unique Content –While the primary goal of content marketing is to build strong relationship between the customers and increase the sale rate, you need to create fresh and unique content related to your website and convert the informative content prospects into customers.
- Customer Interactions –By creating valuable content and sharing information with customers you can establish valuable resource through which will help you get the wonderful reputation of customer interactions into your website.
- Get More Traffic –You can share your content to the blogs and get more traffic from the search engines and further push into your ecommerece business. You can find out the best way to create a difference of content marketing on your website through blogs.
- Product Description –Putting out blogs or videos about a product complements your product description, allowing you to elaborate further and talk about what inspired the product by giving it a little history and a little depth.
- Researched Content –As you are building relationships with your customers and at the same time, opening the door for networking opportunities with other non-competing businesses in your niche as well which might complement yours, you need to do your research and find some topic related to your business that interests you.
- Build Credibility As An Expert –Providing consistently useful information will make people begin to look at you as an expert in your niche and grow to trust on you as a reliable source of information. This will give you the credibility which only comes through helping others reach their goals.
- Human Element –Being a trusted source will also add a human element to your business which is usually hard to gain due to the anonymous nature of the internet.
C.Local SEO: Business Listing Features And Importance
Many local search engines including Google and Yahoo allow you to place your business into a number of categories that would help describe what your business is all about and what it does. The search engines do not display businesses that are not categorized for particular sets of keywords. As online business listing being a crucial element of your marketing strategy, if your business information is wrong, then your customers are not going to find you.
Monitoring these listings is key to your online presence. This ensures that your business is represented fully across search engines, social networks, online directories and mobile searches. It is also very cost-effective, saving your money as well as precious time. The customers can get in touch with your business anytime of the day through the internet, thus, proving to be a successful online business opportunity.
Business Listing benefits for Ecommerce business are described below :
- More Targeted Traffic –As you list your business on paid or free business listing directory, you are enhancing the chances of fetching more targeted traffic to your website.
- High Ranking In Search Engines –Having your website listed also influences overall ranking of the site in major search engines like Google. Bing and Yahoo!.
- Link Popularity –Often search engines decide the site rank on its link popularity or its backlinks.
Business made easy -Every individual can look to a directory and select a suitable service provider.
- Build Extensive Networks –It helps business owners build an extensive network of suppliers, manufacturers and channel partners. The more prominent your name is, the better it is for your business.
- Good ROI –Maintaining your online listing by listing your company and company URL on online websites can bring a great ROI. This will help your website appear higher in search results for certain terms.
- Build Authority –The more quality webpages that you can get your site listed or mentioned in, the more authoritative Google will begin to think your website is and can significantly increase your chances of being ranked first for a particular search term.
D. PPC Features And Importance
While advertising is an important part of every ecommerce business, Pay per click advertising is an effective way to promote an ecommerce store and improve sales. As PPC is rising dramatically in its importance, PPC listings rank second of all traffic sources, including organic search, social media, email marketing, affiliates and shopping engines. They are dominating the search results page. The clicks that you are paying for can quickly add up to a large number.
The CPC is the cost that you pay the PPC ad network such as Google Adwords to get one click on your ad which translates to one visitor to your ecommerce website. Although paid search has become a way more competitive these days, due to the ever-expanding nature of the web as well as competitors, they have become more expensive making it harder for new players to compete.
Effective PPC marketing strategies are :
- Model Number Campaigns – The clicks are significantly cheaper due to the low competition on model number keywords, but the conversion rates are incredibly higher which will help bring your overall CPA down.
- Direct Access To Product Page –When someone clicks on your model number ad, you can send them directly to your product page which offers them with everything they were looking for in just one step.
- Targeting Competitor Keywords –When you create campaigns targeting competitor keywords with a simple ad making, you will be paying for less qualified traffic and when your competitor notices, he can drive up your costs dramatically by bidding just a little bit more themselves since they have a high quality score.
- Paid Presence Of Keywords –If a competitor is bidding on keywords that are important for your business, you might consider getting a paid presence for those terms.
- Save Price And Convert Into Sales –Make sure to screen out less qualified people by setting an expectation of your pricing and by simply putting prices in your ads. This saves your ad spend for those qualified individuals who saw your prices and are much more likely to convert into a sale.
- Increase Sales –When it comes to an ecommerce PPC strategy, this will increase your sales while lowering your cost per conversion without any jargon-filled explanations. It will take your business to the next level.
- Correct PPC Strategy –As ecommerce PPC is a complex undertaking, it is important to employ the right ecommerce PPC strategy to stay way forward to gaining success to your business.
E. Social Media Optimization Importance And Features
Social media sites are excellent marketing tools for all type of businesses. They give businesses the means to direct traffic to whichever site they want, whether it be a product giveaway on a blog site or a link to a coupon.
The consumers of an ecommerce site are just a click away from their products and do not have to travel into a store. People spending their time on the internet searching for products to buy online are more likely to spend time on social media sites as well. This is why social media cannot be ignored as a marketing tool within the ecommerce industry.
- Group Discussions –Interact with your target audience by participating in discussions online. For this, you need to find and join groups where your desired audience hangs out and share your expertise and drive traffic to your site.
- Rewards And Giveaways –Offer discount codes and special offers to regular members of your online audience. Share the promotion link across your online platforms and drive additional traffic to your ecommerce site. You can also add rewards for loyal and return customers with additional savings.
- Involve Customers –Creating and maintaining a social media following will help give incentive to your customers to follow your brand online and will get them more involved with your products and services.
- Brand Loyal Customers –And sharing your blog posts in social media sites will give your company a voice and personality. This will make consumers relate to your business on a personal level that will increase the chances for them being brand loyal to that company.
- Share Links In Social Media Platforms –Maintain a blog with some useful business-related posts and share the links across all your social media platforms each time you publish new content. You also can introduce the link with a click-worthy question or statement encouraging your audience to engage with you.
- Track Competitors –By monitoring what social media techniques other ecommerce companies are using to drive traffic to their sites, you can keep a close eye on your competitors and your company will be able to figure out what kind of strategy would work for your business.
F. Mobile SEO Importance And Features
With the increasing usage of smartphones and tablets, mobile technology has hit the mainstream. Smartphone users are a highly motivated crowd and are somewhat more upscale.
With GPS enabled that pin points their exact location, they also expect search engine results to reflect their location, social signals and universal listings. While the smartphones cannot deliver more than the eye can absorb, here comes the need for digital marketers to optimize for mobile search and create winning mobile search strategies.
Some effective mobile SEO techniques are as follows :
- Unique Mobile Content –Providing unique mobile content is an effective mobile SEO strategy for your business. Serving the same information and services to the mobile users as to the desktop users is very important since it creates a consistent brand message. It ensures that searchers who find a page on your site will be able to find some equivalent version of that page on a mobile device.
- Product Search –As you focus on acquiring customers through product search, your incoming traffic is probably driven by a handful of top products. So while building a mobile store you need to focus on the top 100 products and use mobile SEO to make those pages perform well in searches for those product names.
- Short Product Name –You need to mention the product name in your HTML page titles, but keep it short as Google mobile gives you only 55 characters to work with.
- Local Landing Pages – Set your location or mobile pages as preferred landing pages to measure how your branded, local keywords, and location pages rank in local markets.
- Competitive Analysis – You can gain the deepest visibility into the entire competitive landscape and share of voice for your brand across mobile SEO. You need to understand your competitors’ most valuable pages and keywords.
- Track Performance –SERPs on mobile vary dramatically for desktop, and often feature as few as 5 listings on the first page. It provides you the ability to measure your true rank in mobile across devices, and inclusive of universal results to gain an accurate picture of your performance.
- Mobile Campaign Management – You can also measure the impact of off-page and on-page changes and how they affect SEO performance of pages on mobile devices. And, optimize mobile campaign performance for e-commerce.
Inbound marketing is a marketing that is focused on getting found by customers by providing you with interesting and useful information in the form of blogs, webinars or podcasts, white papers, infographics, etc. It is an effective way to attract potential customers to your online store. For an ecommerce store to effectively use inbound marketing, it all begins with good content that is optimized for search and tempting for people to share.
By creating and publishing thought-provoking content on a regular basis, you will become an authority in the industry and get your name out there as an expert. People will come to you for information, help and advice. With inbound marketing, you only approach people who self-qualify themselves. They show an interest in your content and are more likely to get interested in the product you are selling. When you publish search engine optimized content on a regular basis your social media attention increases, and so do your ranking. Good search engine rankings are highly essential for a successful e-commerce store.
How Can Fedobe Help Your Business?
Fedobe is an e-commerce hosting company that offers affordable hosting packages to its clients. These ecommerce go a long way in promoting a business in the professional sense and giving it status in the online business platform. Its ecommerce features shopping carts like Magento, Open Cart and Presta Shop that help build the online reputation and promote professionalism. The other features include free domain registration, unlimited disk space, and bandwidth, My SQL support, free SSL certification along with a free premium DNS, PHP, and a lot more.
The company allows clients to sell online by offering tools such as online stores like Shop Site, Shared SSL support. The hosting plans include the launch hosting plan which is perfect for a small business starter; the power hosting plan which is the most preferred by almost every small businesses ; and the pro plan that has many features like one can host about 25 sites on a single account. It assists and supports the customers to drive and convert more business by creating sophisticated, and affordable e-commerce websites. The customers are testament to its expertise as an e-commerce solutions provider. Besides accepting credit cards and Power Pay along with a Pay Pal shopping cart integration, it also offers for $50 Google Adwords credit, $25 Yahoo Search Marketing credit, and to top it all up, a free Submit net basic plan.